Itís been a while since the last time we published an issue. Many of you contacted us asking about the state of the publication and expressed interest in seeing it go on. We also believe that the LCE provides valuable information to people in the learning assistance field, so here is what we need get the publication going again:
1) Authors: As you know, the LCE articles are written by people such as yourself. We need more articles, thus we need you to get involved. Articles in the LCE are usually short (average of one page), but can also be longer if needed. You can either write a one-time article or write a periodic series. For examples of articles, check out the sample issues listed at the bottom of this message.
2) Editor: The editorís job is to coordinate with the rest of the LCE team to get the issue out. This includes planning the articles of each issue, following up with the authors, proof-reading the articles, and then sending them out to the webmaster for publication.
3) Webmaster: Our current webmaster did a fantastic job creating the look and feel of the LCE. We would like to add another webmaster to the team to help out. All you need is experience with html authoring and publishing.
4) Archive Manager: We need to update the articlesí index on the LCE site so it has links to all the articles. The current index lists articles up to October of 2005, so we need to add articles written since then. This job requires the ability to use an html authoring tool such as Dreamweaver or FrontPage.
5) Promotion Manager: We would like to spread the word about the LCE so more people can benefit from it. The Promotional Manager would help in this effort by posting notes or ads about the LCE on online forums, conference publications, etc.
To volunteer for any of the above roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include any helpful information such as any relevant experience and your ideas on how you will get involved. Thanks very much.
Some LCE links:
Articles Index: http://www.learninga...om/articles.htm
Submission Guidelines: http://www.learninga...guidelines.html
June 2008 issue: http://www.learninga....com/2008/june/
April 2008 issue: http://www.learninga...pril/index.html
Thanks, and happy holidays!
LCE Looking for Contributors
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users