3 replies to this topic

#1 YubaCollegeWLDC

YubaCollegeWLDC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

All our center's Accutrack installations are set to default to our server's current database, M:\Accutrack\Accushared\Accudata. All, that is, except this station, which seems to want to look for M:\AccutrackOldDatabases\Spring2011Accushared\Accudata. I am just re-locating the database each time I open, to be sure I am in the current one, but I really need to change this behavior.

I was not involved with the initial installation, which I presume was when the default folder was designated, and I cannot seem to find anything in Options to control where my computer looks for the current database. How can I fix this?

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

System Administration -> Database -> Database Location is where you set the database.
The selected path is saved in a file. In version 11 the path file is saved to Windows User folder. In older version though the file was saved in the AccuTrack installation folder.
If your mapping is getting lost each time you restart, then most likely there is a security program like Deep Freeze that is restoring old files at each start up, which means path file is getting over-written with original one which is pointing to the wrong place.
Another possibility is if the network mapping on that computer is different from the others.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 YubaCollegeWLDC

YubaCollegeWLDC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

System Administration -> Database -> Database Location is where you set the database.
The selected path is saved in a file. In version 11 the path file is saved to Windows User folder. In older version though the file was saved in the AccuTrack installation folder.
If your mapping is getting lost each time you restart, then most likely there is a security program like Deep Freeze that is restoring old files at each start up, which means path file is getting over-written with original one which is pointing to the wrong place.
Another possibility is if the network mapping on that computer is different from the others.

#4 YubaCollegeWLDC

YubaCollegeWLDC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

Aaagghhh...you are exactly right. Deep Freeze is on. It shouldn't be...thank you. I should've looked for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users