• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 mathsimCE

mathsimCE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'm not sure if this question has already been asked and answered, but just in case...

I was wondering if there is a report I can pull that will show me how many students are signed into our lab during a certain time. Now, I know there's a report that will show how many students signed in at a certain time, but that report doesn't take into consideration the students that may have been signed in earlier, & still might be in the lab.

I hope that makes sense. I can try explaining it better, if anyone needs me to.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:28 AM

If you are looking for a live view, then use the "Who's In" screen which is available via the main system administration menu. Note that you can print this out if you like.

If you are only looking for numbers (without names) then generate the Vists -> Chart Visits report and check the various Excel tabs showing different views of this data.

If you are looking for a historical report by student, then check the Visits -> Weekly Students Visits report.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 mathsimCE

mathsimCE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

I pulled a Chart Visits report, but I still don't know which one would tell me how many students were in our lab at a certain time. I've attached the excel workbook so you can see what I'm talking about. I see that the first four charts & the first two tables show how many students signed in at a certain hour, but that doesn't account for the students who clocked in during a previous hour.

Attached Files

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

Click the "Daily Sign-in Table" tab for the statistics you need. Run this report for a certain week if you need to see 'per day' numbers vs. cumulative numbers.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 mathsimCE

mathsimCE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

The "Daily Sign-Ins" only tells me how many students signed in within a certain hour... it doesn't include the students that signed in within a previous hour, and were still in the lab.

Example:
On Tuesday, this is what our sign-in sheet looked like within the hours of 8:00A - 10:00A:
Posted Image

In the excel file, on the "Daily Sign-Ins" tab, the report shows 1 student signed in between the hours of 8:00A-9:00A, and 9 signed in between 9:00A-10:00A. While those numbers are accurate, I'm asking if there's a report that would show 1 student in the lab between the hours of 8:00A-9:00A, but 10 during the hours of 9:00A-10:00A, as Student A was still in the lab at 9?

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

I see. So you are looking for a report that shows you how many people were *present* at each hour not how many people *signed in* during that hour. Unfortunately we don't have such a report at this time. We will keep this in mind for future releases. In the mean while, you might be able to generate the report by exporting the attendance data out of AccuTrack and processing it using Excel or your favorite programming language. Some assumptions will need to be made (e.g. what if the student signs in at 9:45 and signs out at 10:05? Would she be counted as present in both the 9:00 and 10:00 o'clock hours?...
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users