• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 avaldez

avaldez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

I Have Version 9.5.1 And i was trying to perform a batch enrollment with a text tab delimited file of our new users when i clicked next to verify where all the columns should go it froze on me and then went to not responding when it said "verifying data for records" or something to that effect. i then opened it again and tired to repair before i tried to batch enroll again and it said during repair cannot find table attachment.dbf do you want to clear file. i have left it there as of this moment.

I am a silver member but have lost the phone number, some quick assistance would be appreciated.
my contact number is 956-872-7212 ask for Amado.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

Hello,

Tab delimeted format is sometimes troublesome. We recommend the CSV or comma-delimited instead.

You can convert your tab-delimited file into a CSC by opening the file in Microsoft Excel, verifying that the records look OK, and then doing a "Save As" in Excel and changing the option "CSV". When loading this into AccuTrack, choose the option "comma-delimited" (CSV option exists too but this will assume that the first row is title row and will try to use that for field mapping).

If you have a recent backup restore it as that will get rid of the error you are getting with the missing table. Make sure to run database repair before you do the import as this would guarantee your indexes are up to date.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 avaldez

avaldez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

I do not have a recent backup of files due to some circumstances. and i cannot repair becuase i get an error that says \atrac.dbc abd cannot find table \attachments.dbf enclosed is a docx. with a screenshot of the error.

is there a recommended fix for this situation that i can be told about?

Attached Files

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

You might still have a backup! For example:

1) Every time you run database repair in AccuTrack, the software creates a backup first. These go into the Backups folder -> Repair Backups.

2) AccuTrack can be set to automatically make backups for as often as once per day. By default, the software is set up to make backups on Mondays and Thursdays. So unless you delibrately turned this feature off, you should have backups made by this feature.

3) Usually the database is hosted on a server, and usually IT departments set up servers so they are automatically backed up every night. You can check with your system administrator on this.

4) The end of the semester procedure we recommend starts by backing up the current semester database.

Note that AccuTrack creates its "Backups" folder in the same folder that has your live AccuTrack database. For example, if your live database folder is:

Y:\SharedFiles\AccuTrackFiles\AccuData

Then your backup folder would be:

Y:\SharedFiles\AccuTrackFiles\Backups

Check the folders in your backup folder and sort them by date. The one with the latest date is the most recent backup.

Let us know what you find out.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 avaldez

avaldez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Mon,
You were correct. there was a backup made right before i ran the repair that causes that error. but unforuntely the backup before that is from september of 2009. although i could update the database with the current batch update i have to make it current, would restoring back to 2009 affect any of my archived information like appointments or tours and etc?

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

The database is the place where all your data is stored. This includes, students, courses, sign-ins, appointments, checkouts, tutors, etc.

If you restore to a 2009 database, then all activity that took place after the backup was made will be lost, including appointments, students, visits, etc. So going back to a 2009 database is not a good idea.

I am surprised though that you do not have any other backups. Does this mean you have not ran repair since last year? This might be the reason behind your trouble. If your software experiences improper shutdowns (e.g. power failure, Windows lockup, network crash, etc), then you would need to run database repair to restore the indexes. Actually, AccuTrack will detect the improper shutdown and will warn you that you need to run repair every time you launch it. If you ignore this warning and keep using the software without running repair, then the indexes will get out of sync and things will get progressively worse until it finally reaches to a point where the software would not run. If it gets to that point, the chances of data loss become high.

My recommendation is to take your latest (and only it seems) backup and try to repair it. There are third party repair utilities that you can try. Of course these utilities would only help if the backup still contains recoverable data. The utilities will restore corrupted records (as much as possible) and will reindex the tables.

Here is the information about third party tools that repair database corruptions. Note that this information is provided for your convenience. We have not tested any of these tools and we do not warranty that they would work for you:

Abri repair tool ($86 Single User license fee): http://abri.com/recover.html

CM Table Repair (€60.00 EUR): http://www.cmstory.c...ageid=5&lang=en

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#7 avaldez

avaldez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

Is there a repair i can try that doesnt require a third party tool? using the backup i do currently have?

#8 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

Yes there is a built-in database repair utility. You can access this via System Administration -> Databases -> Repair.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users