• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 MikeGrubb

MikeGrubb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

One of the PCs on which we had been running Accutrack 11 recently broke down and was replaced with a new Win7 machine.  I installed and updated Accutrack to 11.0.6 on the new machine, directed it toward the proper database location on our campus servers, and things seemed to be operating properly until I tried to schedule an appointment for a student.  When I clicked on the Set Appointment button, I got a failure notice with the following:

"File Access is denied.  c:\programfiles\acu11\_3q10q9mp7.txt  Another user is accessing data.  Try again later." 

We've never before had a problem scheduling appointments when multiple instances of Accu11 were running.  I'm guessing that there's some setting in Accu11 that I need to adjust in the wake of the new installation to correct this issue, but there's no mention of this particular file name in either the Quick Start or Operating Manuals.  Any suggestions how I should proceed?

Thanks.

#2 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

I believe that is a temporary file that is created to lock the student record that is currently open and being edited probably by someone else. I would try it again and see if it goes away by itself.

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

#3 MikeGrubb

MikeGrubb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

It seems you're right that it refers to a temporary file.  I tried to schedule an appointment multiple times and each time received the same failure box, but each time the file name was slightly different:  _3qo0keux4.txt, _3qo0kg601.txt, & _3qo0kjw2x.txt. 

I'm pretty sure that there were no other Accu11 users attempting to access the student record at the time I tried to schedule the appointment, since the only other open instance of Accu11 was sitting right next to me.  (When I wasn't able to schedule the appointment on the new computer after three attempts, I had the other Accu11 user do it and she had no problem.)

I don't know if it's relevant, but I also found that the newly installed program will allow me to reschedule existing appointments, just not schedule new ones.

Anyway, at this point the issue doesn't seem to be going away by itself.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

The error message is "File Access is denied".  This means that the software is trying to create the file to put some temp data in it, but it's being prevented from doing this.  Try this:

1) Make sure you are running the LATEST version of AccuTrack 11.  If this problem is caused by something that was corrected with a later version, then getting the latest update will fix the issue!

2) If #1 above checks out, then make sure the software is installed correctly.  For example, make sure the software was installed via its installation CD and not by simply copying its files.

3) Make sure you have sufficient rights when running the software.  It could be that you are logging in with an account that has very limited access rights, thus the error message.  Also try right clicking on the AccuTrack icon and select "Run As Admin" to see if that solves the issue.

4) Install the software (again from its installation file) on a different location on that PC (e.g. C:\Users\Public\Accu11).  and see if that works better.

Let us know how it goes.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#5 MikeGrubb

MikeGrubb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

I'm pretty sure I've isolated the issue to a network permissions problem. When my supervisor (who has admin privileges) was logged in, she was able to uncheck the Read Only box for the Accu11 folder and the problem didn't occur. Unfortunately, the network seems to restore the Read Only status as an automatic default setting because once a non-admin login ID was used, the problem reoccured.

Anyway, thanks for your responses--time for me to start pestering our IT folks instead of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users