• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 nidia112

nidia112

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:26 PM

Wanting to check our hard copy sign-in sheets and the accuracy of our front desk staff to AccuTrack of the number of visits that our tutoring lab is receiving we noticed something odd.

When Viewing a summary report by course in AccuTrack showed that we had about 379 unspecified students as of yesterday. Fortunately for us, is that we have a hard copy sign-in list that the student first fills out (ex. math 102) before our front desk staff enters their information into AccuTrack.

My question is how can I go and edit the unspecified visits of a student with the correct information that we have down on our hard copy sign-in sheets in AccuTrack?

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:41 PM

You can edit the sign-in logs via the Edit Logs screen (System Administration -> Edit Sign-in Logs -> Student -> Edit Sign-in Logs). Do you know why you have 'unspecified' entries? Did you have the Activity screen turned off?
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 nidia112

nidia112

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:11 PM

We had a few days that the server that AccuTrack was placed on go down during the day, sometimes the morning or afternoon. So I believe that didn't allow front desk staff to properly select categories and activities.Posted Image

I have tried that path but for some reason those unspecified visits do not show up.

Let me tell how I was able to go about this.

I was able to view the unspecfied visits of a student by going into the session logs (System Administration -> Session Logs ) and filtering the "as entered" field to the start of our semester to our current date (9/11/2006-11/15/2006). Then looking at the students I was able to see on which dates had nothing entered in the categories and activities sections.

To double check this I went into the students file to view their visit history. This is the path that I used ( System Administration -> Setup -> Student Student -> Students). After choosing the specific student, I then looked up their visit history by (Advanaced -> Student Central). Selecting the "as entered" in the Period field box and the date range (9/11/2006 to 11/15/2006), I then selected visits and click on the preview button. This then showed me all the visits of the student, including the unspecified ones. Here is the screenAttached File  student_central_preview.JPG   141.96K   14 downloads

When I went into the Edit Sign-in Logs for a student and choosing again the date of the unspecified visit, it was not brought up. For example, Duong Ngo showed in the Session log screen, it show that she had an unspecified visit on 9/11/2006, and 10/05/2006. Since we have our hard copy sign-in sheet, I know what she was here for. Going into the Edit Sign-In logs, and filtering the data, I then chose the specific "as entered" date from 9/11/2006 12:00am to 9/11/2006 12:00pm. After refreshing, the name does not show up. Choosing the other date yields the same result. Changing the filters to the person's name also does not yield the unspecified visit.
Again here are some screens. Attached File  sign_in_logs.JPG   192.43K   11 downloads Attached File  sign_in_log_by_name.JPG   152.38K   11 downloads
Attached File  sign_in_log_by_name_2.JPG   152.31K   11 downloads

Is there any other path to get into those unspecified visits to change them than what I described here? Thanks.

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:07 PM

If you go to the Options screen - Activity page, the first option at the top is "Do not show the activity screen during sign-in". If this option is checked, then only the sign-in and sign-out times are recorded and no category-activity, instructor, or service type are recorded. I am mentioning this in case this option was selected initially, thus generating these records without the activity info.

Also I would recommend that you run the Repair utility - see http://www.accutrack...repair_data.htm. This will eliminate any problems due to index corruption.

If you still have issues after running repair, try to check the option I mentioned at the top of this post and save. Next go to the Edit Logs screen and see if the records appear there. If you still have trouble, then please post back here.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 nidia112

nidia112

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:14 PM

On my options screen it does not have that option. unless its hidden under a different menu. this is the screen i am looking at. Attached File  options_screen.JPG   158.07K   11 downloads

I don't believe that the "Do not show the activity screen during sign-in" box was selected when the semester the program was launched in September. Though I do see the logic of that thinking since, no category or activity was selected.

I actually ran the repair utility early this morning, since, and the visits that were classified as unspecified were still not there. The unspecified visits are only visible when I go into the session log or the students data file and open the date fields to the start of the semester to the current day. Any ideas?

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:49 PM

Your teminology was changed from "Activity" to "Course", so your menu item is now called "Course Screen".
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#7 nidia112

nidia112

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:19 PM

Hi Mon,

My tech would like to know the name of the data file that we are supposed to send you to look at and the upload directions. Thanks

#8 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:26 PM

Sorry I do not understand. If this question is not related to the topic at the top of this thread. Please open a new topic. If releated, explain what file you are referencing.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#9 nidia112

nidia112

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:50 PM

We talked on the phone yesterday regarding my problem with the unspecified students. I mentioned that I started this thread on the forums to you on the phone when you told me your name. You asked me to send you the data file, so you could look at and see why the unspecified students were not showing in the edit student logs after you could edit yours but mine did not show.

My tech would like to know which file to send, and to where. Thanks.

#10 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:04 PM

I see. Point your support staff to this web page: http://www.accutrack...t/send_data.htm

Make sure to include a detailed description of the problem with your data files. We help several users each day and the tracking of each issues is easier when it includes the details. Thanks.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#11 nidia112

nidia112

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:15 PM

The folder is almost 4 gigabytes, which is most likely to large to send via email. Do we include the back up files as well? Or is there a specific in the folder that is needed?

#12 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:15 PM

Wow, 4 Gig? All we need is your database folder, which is called "AccuData" by default. You can find the location of this folder by checking your "Database Location" screen as described in the instructions I pointed you to in my last message. The AccuData folder should *not* include any other folders. If it does, then your software is not installed correctly.

The initial AccuData folder is 1.2 MB in size. This folder does not have any data in it. As you add students, visits, and appointments, the size of this folder will increase, but it would still be in the megabytes range. For example, the sample database folder that ships with AccuTrack has about 5,000 students with sample sign-ins, appointments, media, and more, but it's still about 4.6 MB in size.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#13 nidia112

nidia112

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:04 PM

Hi, this is Tuyen Nguyen, I'm the tech here at the Learning Resource. If you need to contact me, I can be reached at dat-tuyen.nguyen@csun.edu or call this 818-677-2033 from 10 to 2pm.

Can you give me an abreviated list of what's in the folder? We have multiple databases and our smallest one is about 64 mb

#14 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:08 PM

Hello Tuyen,

Please follow the instructions on this web page: http://www.accutrack...t/send_data.htm

We do not need multiple databases - only the one database with the problem the user is reporting.

Also make sure that you do not send any sub folders (e.g. no backup folders). We only need the database folder.

Thanks.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#15 nidia112

nidia112

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:10 PM

Hi Mon,

We sent you our data file via email yesterday afternoon regarding the unspecified visits problems that we have been noticing.  Did you receive the two emails and files?

Tuyen Nguyen
Learning Resource Center Tech
CSUN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users