#1 mica

mica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

Dear Accudemia,

At the MICA Writing Studio we have Acudemia set up so that I schedule most appointments;Tutors can also schedule their own appointments, but most rely upon me to handle scheduling. We have our system set up to prevent students from scheduling, cancelling, restoring and re-scheduling any appointments on their own. A few students have informed me that when they receive their appointment confirmation email (for an appointment that I set up), they see can click on a link to cancel or reschedule the appointment (please see below):

“If you need to cancel or reschedule the appointment, please click on the following link:
- http://mica.accudemi...ments/List.aspx

I have de-activated the students’ ability to cancel or reschedule their appointments on their own by checking off the following within The Control Panel  Appointments Settings (please see below).

Appointments

Appointments Restrictions

Prevent users from handling appointments:

Prevent students from scheduling appointments

Prevent users from cancelling appointments starting less than

minutes ahead

Prevent students from cancelling, restoring and re-scheduling appointments

Despite this, students still receive the following sentence in their confirmation email and think they can access this feature.

“If you need to cancel or reschedule the appointment, please click on the following link:
- http://mica.accudemi...ments/List.aspx

Is there a way to remove the sentence and link above? I am asking because a number of students have tried to cancel their appointment on their own using the link provided in the confirmation email and get frustrated because they can log-in to Accudemia using the link but cannot cancel their appointment.  Can we either a) remove the cancel/reschedule statement and link from the automatic appointment confirmation email or b) customize the appointment confirmation email to say “Contact the MICA Writing Studio at 410-225-2418 or via email at writing@mica.edu to cancel or reschedule your appointment.”

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Best,

Mary

#2 Diego Jancic

Diego Jancic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

Hi Mary,

Yes, you can change the emails and even add more instructions as you suggested.  :smile:

To do so, go to the Control Panel and click Email Templates.  Once there, click on Create New and "Appointment Confirmation to Student".  Change/remove all the text you want and hit Save. 

Repeat the same steps with the other emails you want to change.  You might want to change the reminder email, the rescheduled confirmation email and others.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Diego

Diego Jancic
Engineerica Systems, Inc.
http://www.engineerica.com

#3 mica

mica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts