#1 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi,

This is the first time I have set students up in groups. I notice when I run the Student Groups report it alphabetizes the list by First Name then Last Name but displays the names as Last Name, First Name. This is very confusing! I have all the Allisons at the top of the list, followed by the Edwards followed by the Todd's but Allison Smith is showing up before Todd Green.  This happens when I don't filter for any specific groups and list them all (I have about 10 groups). The list looks like:

Smith, Allison

Adams, Edward

Green, Todd

When I run the report for just one group, it is getting sorted by student id # which is not displayed. Amanda Turner is at the top of the list followed by Jane Cooper follwed by Katherine Adams. The list looks like:

Turner, Amanda

Cooper, Jane

Adams, Katherine

And when I run the report for just 2 groups, it appears to use student id #. Again, confusing since the id # is not displayed so it just looks like a mess and you can't find anyone easily.

Did I miss a "sort the list" option or is this by design? If by design can it be fixed to sort alpha by Last Name and display that way?

Thanks,

laura

ps If you need to see copies of what I am getting, let me know. I don't have the capability to attach documents to the forums. :(

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#2 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hi Laura,

Yes that is confusing. Please submit that to our site at http://accu.uservoice.com where we review submissions for software change and enhancement requests.

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users