• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 111111111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:02 AM

Hello forum,

We just had a telephone training session this week in which we asked how to back date and/or edit an appointment.  As we were late getting AccuTrack up and running this semester, our tutoring classes began nearly 2 months ago.  As a result, there is a backlog of "paper information" that needs to be put into AccuTrack.  The trainer walked us through the Sign-in Student screen where one can right click on the date, bring up the calendar, then go back and click on a previous date before selecting time, appointment length, and then going on to the Sign-in Tutor screen.  HOWEVER, we all noticed during the training session that, when we opened the Monthly Viewer as the trainer suggested, the little green boxes did NOT reflect the past appointment - in other words, they did not change color nor when the mouse rested on them or clicked them open did they reflect a past tutoring session.  No history of the past appointments appeared.  As a result, the trainer was puzzled by this as we had just upgraded the computer we were using to 9.1.5.  

I am wondering if there is a step in the process that we just didn't catch or if something in the Options screen needs adjusting, or what...?  Any feedback would be appreciated as I noticed on 2/07/07 someone had a similar question about editing appointment times; but the question of past appointments was not addressed.   Thank you.  Linda

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

Hello there,

"Appointments" are used in AccuTrack to schedule future visits. Because of this, you cannot enter appointments in the past as there is no need to schedule something that already occured.

To enter the visits of your students that occured before you started using the software, use the System Administration -> Edit Sign-in Logs -> Students -> Sign in screen. This allows you to record these visits and have them included in your visits reports.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 111111111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

Hello,

Mary, our trainer, told us we COULD go back and enter past appointments so they would show in the Monthly Viewer - now, you are saying we CANNOT. This is a little confusing, to say the least.

I did follow your instructions below to go into Edit Sign-in Log - Students - Sign in Screen and nothing happened - nothing showed on that screen or any other. According to Mary, there should be some information flowing to the Monthly Viewer screen.

If she is telling us (there were 6 of us at the training sessions, all taking the same notes) that we CAN back date appointments, then how can we do it? Linda

Hello there,

"Appointments" are used in AccuTrack to schedule future visits.  Because of this, you cannot enter appointments in the past as there is no need to schedule something that already occured.

To enter the visits of your students that occured before you started using the software, use the System Administration -> Edit Sign-in Logs -> Students -> Sign in screen.  This allows you to record these visits and have them included in your visits reports.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:10 AM

Sorry about the confusion. I think it has to do with what you mean by "appointment". As I mentioned earlier, for AccuTrack "appointment" means scheduling a visit. This scheduling only makes sense if the visit is in the future. A visit in the past does not need to be scheduled as it already occured, thus you cannot schedule past visits.

In your case though, you might mean 'visit' when you say 'appointment'. Entering visits that occured in the past is easy with AccuTrack as described in my last post.

Note that the Monthly Appointment Viewer and other appointmnet viewers are intended to show you SCHEDULED FUTURE visits, or 'appointments' as used in AccuTrack. They do not show you 'visits'. So entering your past *visits* does not mean these visits would appear in the *appointment* reports. To see these vists, you need to generate a visits report (any report under the "Visits" node in AccuTrack) or check the traffic reports (Chart Visits) as these report on the visits.

I hope this clears up.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users