4 replies to this topic

#1 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:41 AM

Hi, When opening Accutrack I get the "improper shutdown" error. I usually just run the repair and life is good. Today I get the following error when running the repair. My data appears to still be there and the reports run just fine. What's up?

Thanks,
laura

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

It seems your data got corrupted somehow. If you have a recent backup, restore it. Also you should follow basic troubleshooting steps mentioned in other places on the support site. For example: Make sure you are running the latest vesion of the software, and run repair when you get the 'improper shutdown' message. Also try to find out the cause of your improper shutdown by running the Improper Shutdown report. It might be that you have a network or a hardware problem causing the improper shutdowns.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:56 AM

Hi Mon,

Thanks. I believe the improper shutdown is people shutting down the pc without logging out of AccuTrack first.

As for restoring, which folders/files do I need to restore?ACCUDATA? DATADIC? Everything in the AccuTrack directory?

I have another instance of AccuTrack running? If it's not data that I need to restore, can I copy tables from the other instance over to this corrupt instance instead of tracking down the backup and guessing how far back I need to go to get clean data?

Thanks,
laura

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:30 AM

All data (students, visits, appointments, tutors, etc.) is saved in the database folder (e.g. AccuData). You'd need to restore it and its matching DataDic folder. The DataDic folder contains the database definitions (e.g. structure, indexs, etc), and is needed when running repair or databaes upgrade. However, its contents are static and it can be over-writting when the appropriate folder without any data loss. Copying over the database folder though would cause data loss. If you are sure this is not a problem, you can copy over files from other installations, but keep in mind that would copy their data too.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#5 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:53 AM

That error might appear in older versions and not important really. If you tell the version number I can supply an updated datadic for you if needed (you don't need to run repair for that one, when ever it's run however that error would cease).
What is your version number? There might be a released update version already.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users