No replies to this topic

#1 Terry.Coye

Terry.Coye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:03 AM

We are using version 8.1.34. I'm sure I've suggested this before, but it continues to be a problem for us, so I'll repeat myself!

We offer two very different kinds of support services for the same courses in the same location. A student taking Psychology 101, for example, can get help with course concepts from a tutor, and/or get help with a paper for that course from a writing advisor. Since tutoring and writing advice use different staff members, we have to create two categories of activities ('Tutoring' and 'Writing Advice,' not surprisingly), and add all courses to each of those two categories. When students sign in, they first select a category, then a course from the list of activities.

The problem arises because Accutrack has a category and an activity already selected as defaults, usually the category and course that were selected the last time the student signed in. Often students will ignore the defaulted selections, and just click "Done." Even students who pay attention to the course selection and make sure it is correct will ignore the category, since the list of activities is the same under both categories. They just select PSY 101 and click "Done," even if they are coming to us for a different category of service than the last time they visited.

I would like to be able to eliminate defaults, forcing students to select both the category and the activity before they can click "Done."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users