#1 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 11:41 AM

HI,

We are keeping have the error message of "improper shutdown detected" although we did the repair very frequently. Sometimes, after we did the repair, after a short while, when relaunching AccuTrack, we would get the message again.
Any idea of why it happened so frequently?

WE are getting another error message pretty frequently too, every several weeks. "Program Error, primary key invalid, please validate the database". We did follow the instruction to shutdown accutrack every night, is there any other issues that cause it? I know the quick fix of this problem is to get the backup data, and I did it several times and it worked. But this time, we are having a tough situation, we just found out the data was not backed up for the past 3 weeks, we can not afford to lose 3 weeks' data. I am wondering if you will be able to fix the data for us?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Quan

#2 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:03 AM

Quan,
Update to 8.1.2 and also make sure you don't have network and HW problems.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#3 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:06 PM

To add to Cetin's reply, the error you keep getting ("Program Error, primary key invalid, please validate the database") indicates a problem with your setup, hardware, or database. In normal software usage this error does not pop up and we have not had reports from other AccuTrack users reporting a similar problem.

To solve this problem, you need to know what's causing it. Notice if there is a pattern between a specific event and this error. For example, does it happen over the weekend when there is a scheduled network maintenance? Or maybe it happens right after a power failure, etc. If you can trace this problem to a trigger then you can eliminate the trigger and fix it.

Another thing that might help is to run the "Improper Shutdown" report. This will show you which computers are causing the improper shutdowns and when these computers were launched. Checking thisreport might reveal a problem area - for example, notice if a certain computer is causing the bulk of improper shutdowns. This computer might have faulty hardware or networking problems.

If you do the above and still cannot figure it out, send us a copy of your database after you get the error "Program Error, primary key invalid, please validate the database". Send this copy before restoring backups. We can examine the files and try to figure out the cause. However, if the problem is external to AccuTrack (i.e. hardware or network problem), we will not be able to solve it by checking the data files.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:45 PM

We received a copy of your database. We will examine this for clues and we will get back to you hopefully tomorrow.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:09 AM

Please check your email. We repaired the database and emailed it back to you.

You might want to scan your computers (all computers that run AccuTrack and share this database) with a good virus checker. Your database is now clean, so if it crashes again then it's either your computers or network, and until you find the cause the problem is likely to return.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#6 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:20 AM

I have not received the email so far. Which email address did you send the repaired database to?

Thanks.

Quan

Please check your email.  We repaired the database and emailed it back to you.

You might want to scan your computers (all computers that run AccuTrack and share this database) with a good virus checker.  Your database is now clean, so if it crashes again then it's either your computers or network, and until you find the cause the problem is likely to return.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#7 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:23 AM

Hi,

May I ask what you did to repair the database? Can you tell whether it's caused by wrong usage of the database or something else such as network etc?

Thank you very much.

Quan

#8 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

Your Config.cdx file was corrupted. This corruption cannot be caused by normal software usage, so we suspect a virus or other computer problems.

Checking your data files, you have at least 7 computers using the database:

W739705
W740366 (seems to be the main sign-in computer)
W740843
W740854
W744098
W743636
W740680

You need to have EACH one of the above computers checked for viruses and other problems. If you are not able to find the problematic computer, then we recommend that you disconnect your sign-in computer from the network and just use it as a stand-alone computer with a local copy of the database.

By the way you had improper shutodowns on 3 days in May:

W740366 on 5/17 (twice), and on 5/27 (three times)

W740680 5/31 (3times)
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#9 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:44 PM

I will examine the problem.

Thank you very much for repairing the data for us. I really appreciated it.

Quan

#10 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:49 PM

You're welcome. I hope the info will help you can track down the cause of this issue.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users