11 replies to this topic

#1 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

Hi, I am getting an error message when I sign in as a Test student…

Error # 11: Function arugment value, type or count is invalid.

We are on AccuTrack 8.0.91.

Thanks.

Quan

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:16 AM

Hi,

First make sure that your mail server settings are correct (Options screen - Email Settings page). Next go to the Help Center and click on "Send Error File".
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:51 AM

Hi,

I just sent the error file.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Quan

#4 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

Quan,
Just checked the error file. The exact cause of error is not clear from the error log. However it seems there is a problem in captions table.
Try this:
Copy captions.dbf and captions.fpt files from a fresh installation of AccuTrack 8 on to existing ones (no one should be using accu at that time).
If that doesn't solve please send your data files. Refer to:

http://www.accutrack...t/send_data.htm

PS: Those files are the ones keeping your custom captions for labels etc (ie: Advisor instead of Tutor). It's a 4 records table that you can edit to your needs easily.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#5 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

I followed your advice and made a copy of two files captions.dbf and captions.fpt from AccuTrack 8 installation CD and pasted them at my current AccuData folder, and it seemed to be working.

I have one more concern though. My current AccuData was upgraded from AccuTrack 7. I did not touch it at all but upgraded it. Why the two files will cause the problem? Are those two files captions.dbf and captions.fpt the same files for different AccuData databases? Are there any information specific to database in those two files captions.dbf and captions.fpt ? Just want to make sure I will not break my current Data by copying those two files.

Thanks.

Quan

Quan,
Just checked the error file. The exact cause of error is not clear from the error log. However it seems there is a problem in captions table.
Try this:
Copy captions.dbf and captions.fpt files from a fresh installation of AccuTrack 8 on to existing ones (no one should be using accu at that time).
If that doesn't solve please send your data files. Refer to:

PS: Those files are the ones keeping your custom captions for labels etc (ie: Advisor instead of Tutor). It's a 4 records table that you can edit to your needs easily.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:08 AM

These two files are specific to AccuTrack 8 and don't exist in version 7. Don't worry the two files will not affect your upgraded version 7 data.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#7 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:00 AM

As I stated in previous post, I did Copy captions.dbf and captions.fpt files from a fresh installation of AccuTrack 8 on to existing ones, it does solve the problem. However, after a few days, the same problem came back again. I just did the same thing to fix it. I would like to know if there is any known cause for the problem and if there is a permanent fix for it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Quan

#8 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:32 AM

Perhaps the old files were restored somehow? For example, may be some anti-virus or freezing software is restoring the files.

Another possibility is that there is something corrupting these files. Try to find out if the database files were changed for some reason or some operation was run. For example, perhaps the database merge utility was used and the software merged these tables with a corrupted version.

We have not seen this problem with other clients so we can only tell you to investigate any special circumstances at your end. If you still have trouble post back.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#9 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:27 PM

Quan,
Do you have files copied over from a CD or something like that and attributes are readonly? Please check that. All files in data folder should be readwrite. This would lead many other errors depending on which files are RO.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#10 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:02 PM

We are having the same error pretty frequently. Now we are at 8.1.31. Everytime it was fixed by getting two new files from the installation CD, captions.dbf and captions.fpt.

My only concern is that after a while, the same error will come back. And this error keeps coming to same database.

Do you have any idea of it?

I am attaching the two files that we were having trouble with.

Thank you very much.

Quan

#11 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:42 PM

HI,

I have the same error #11 over and over again with one specific databases. It did fix the problem when I got a copy of the two files. However it's kind of annoying. I am attaching the two captions files that cause the problem, would you please let me know if you are able to tell what cause the problem and do a permanent fix for it?

Thanks.

We are having the same error pretty frequently. Now we are at 8.1.31. Everytime it was fixed by getting two new files from the installation CD, captions.dbf and captions.fpt.

My only concern is that after a while, the same error will come back. And this error keeps coming to same database.

Do you have any idea of it?

I am attaching the two files that we were having trouble with.

Thank you very much.

Quan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#12 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:07 PM

Sorry but I don't see attachments here.

Send us a copy of your database folder when this error occurs (and before you fix it). Include a description of how to replicate this error. See this page for instructions on sending the data files:

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users