qzhou1's Content

There have been 42 items by qzhou1 (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2664 Merge Utility

Posted by qzhou1 on 26 October 2005 - 04:49 PM in AccuTrack 8

Where can I find the documentation to use the Merge Utility feature?

#2618 Error # 11: Function argument value, type, or

Posted by qzhou1 on 04 October 2005 - 12:42 PM in AccuTrack 8

HI,

I have the same error #11 over and over again with one specific databases. It did fix the problem when I got a copy of the two files. However it's kind of annoying. I am attaching the two captions files that cause the problem, would you please let me know if you are able to tell what cause the problem and do a permanent fix for it?

Thanks.

We are having the same error pretty frequently. Now we are at 8.1.31. Everytime it was fixed by getting two new files from the installation CD, captions.dbf and captions.fpt.

My only concern is that after a while, the same error will come back. And this error keeps coming to same database.

Do you have any idea of it?

I am attaching the two files that we were having trouble with.

Thank you very much.

Quan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#2550 Error #1429 for System Administrator Login

Posted by qzhou1 on 19 September 2005 - 10:25 AM in AccuTrack 8

The group I has problem with only has media, circulation, who’s in, and exit privileges.

thanks.

#2548 Error #1429 for System Administrator Login

Posted by qzhou1 on 16 September 2005 - 12:31 PM in AccuTrack 8

This time we have a fresh install of AccuTrack 8 and set up some user groups for it. For the group that has limited rights, when they login, we met the same error message as in my first post. But if we login with the account with root permission, it worked just fine.

Would you please let me know how I can fix it?

Thank you very much!!

#2464 Error # 11: Function argument value, type, or

Posted by qzhou1 on 26 August 2005 - 03:02 PM in AccuTrack 8

We are having the same error pretty frequently. Now we are at 8.1.31. Everytime it was fixed by getting two new files from the installation CD, captions.dbf and captions.fpt.

My only concern is that after a while, the same error will come back. And this error keeps coming to same database.

Do you have any idea of it?

I am attaching the two files that we were having trouble with.

Thank you very much.

Quan

#2436 “Edit Student Log” time filter that isn’t working

Posted by qzhou1 on 17 August 2005 - 09:59 AM in AccuTrack 8

well, it worked before for release 8.0.9.

And the filter worked great for other screens except this screen. At least I am anticipating if I choose "today", I would like to have a time range from the early morning to late night, but it did not work this way, it would show a time range from early morning to whenever you login this screen.

Thank you for your help!!

#2431 “Edit Student Log” time filter that isn’t working

Posted by qzhou1 on 11 August 2005 - 09:08 AM in AccuTrack 8

Hey,

Just want to check with you if the problem has been fixed.

Thanks.

I didn't mean 'now' filter and didn't realize we had such a filter. I meant "To" part and it applies to "As Entered".
I don't know yet when the new maintenance can be ready, working on it extensively.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#2403 “Edit Student Log” time filter that isn’t working

Posted by qzhou1 on 28 July 2005 - 12:17 PM in AccuTrack 8

Not only the "Now" Filter, the "As Entered" filter is not working either. I don't know about other filter for the Edit sign-in screen.

When are you going to release the next maintanence? It caused us so much trouble since we had been using this function extensively.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Form is updated to adjust "now" as period box gets focus. It'll be available in next maintanence release.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#2384 “Edit Student Log” time filter that isn’t working

Posted by qzhou1 on 25 July 2005 - 11:45 AM in AccuTrack 8

“Edit Student Log” time filter that isn’t working. The “to” time will not extend until the end of the day so every time you press “refresh” it only refreshes to the time you first opened the log. We have to exit and re-enter the log to get current students.

#2379 AccuTrack Auto Update problem?

Posted by qzhou1 on 21 July 2005 - 02:37 PM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

The upgrade did change our custom configuraion.
For example, it changed the require fields for the new student sign-in screen, after the upgrade, we had to reconfigure the screen.

You can disable auto updates via the Option screen if you like.  However, I would not recommend this as you'd want to have the latest version available.

Note that the software will not just update itself - there is a prompt "New upgrade found.  Would ou like to update?" and this requires answering "Yes" for the update to occur.

Also note that the updates do not change your data files (including configuration).  Also updates should not cause any slow downs as the software does not change much between maintenance revisions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#2354 AccuTrack Auto Update problem?

Posted by qzhou1 on 19 July 2005 - 05:21 PM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

We were on AccuTrack 8.0.91 and was upgraded automatically to 8.1.31 yesterday.

We are wondering if there is any way that when AccuTrack upgrades are to happen, the AccuTrack users will be notified before it occurs. It seems to have slowed the system down and the set up had to be checked for changes. It is a very busy time in Student Services right now and it is hard to find time to take care of checking the set up.

One question regarding to the installation. Later if we need to install AccuTrack, we will run the installation from the CD, and after the installation, get a copy of AccuTrack.exe of version 8.1.31 and replaced the old one, am I right? Can we apply the same scenario for any patch of AccuTrack 8?

Thank you very much.

#2353 Could not load AccuTrack 8

Posted by qzhou1 on 19 July 2005 - 05:11 PM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

When we tried to launch AccuTrack 8 this morning, there was a window prompted looking for some files under C:\program files\Accu 80 folder. The screeshot is attached. Do you know what might cause this problem? I had to uninstall and reinstall the AccuTrack 8 and the problem was fixed, but I am wondering if there is another easy solution for it?

Thanks.

Attached Files

#2352 How to kill AccuTrack 8 running in the background?

Posted by qzhou1 on 19 July 2005 - 05:04 PM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

Sometimes when I started AccuTrack 8, it told me that there was another instance running, but I could not see it on the task bar. When I went to the task manager, it did now show there too. I assumed there might be AccuTrack 8 running in the background, but how can we kill the process since we could not see it anywhere. Usually I had to do is to log off and log back, but I would like to know if there is any other way to deal with it? I did not meet the problem before, but now I encounter it pretty frequently under version 8.1.31.

Another question, when I tried to repair the database, I always get the error message of not being able to access the database exclusively, but I did go to the option "Remotely shutdown computers" and only see my own workstation, I did not understand why I could not do the repair.

Another quesiton, how do I use the option to remotely shutdown computers? Everytime when I tried it, it seemed did not work at all!

Thank you very much.

#2238 frequent "Improper shutdown" error message

Posted by qzhou1 on 01 June 2005 - 03:44 PM in AccuTrack 8

I will examine the problem.

Thank you very much for repairing the data for us. I really appreciated it.

Quan

#2236 frequent "Improper shutdown" error message

Posted by qzhou1 on 01 June 2005 - 09:23 AM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

May I ask what you did to repair the database? Can you tell whether it's caused by wrong usage of the database or something else such as network etc?

Thank you very much.

Quan

#2235 frequent "Improper shutdown" error message

Posted by qzhou1 on 01 June 2005 - 09:20 AM in AccuTrack 8

I have not received the email so far. Which email address did you send the repaired database to?

Thanks.

Quan

Please check your email.  We repaired the database and emailed it back to you.

You might want to scan your computers (all computers that run AccuTrack and share this database) with a good virus checker.  Your database is now clean, so if it crashes again then it's either your computers or network, and until you find the cause the problem is likely to return.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#2221 frequent "Improper shutdown" error message

Posted by qzhou1 on 27 May 2005 - 11:41 AM in AccuTrack 8

HI,

We are keeping have the error message of "improper shutdown detected" although we did the repair very frequently. Sometimes, after we did the repair, after a short while, when relaunching AccuTrack, we would get the message again.
Any idea of why it happened so frequently?

WE are getting another error message pretty frequently too, every several weeks. "Program Error, primary key invalid, please validate the database". We did follow the instruction to shutdown accutrack every night, is there any other issues that cause it? I know the quick fix of this problem is to get the backup data, and I did it several times and it worked. But this time, we are having a tough situation, we just found out the data was not backed up for the past 3 weeks, we can not afford to lose 3 weeks' data. I am wondering if you will be able to fix the data for us?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Quan

#2205 Error # 11: Function argument value, type, or

Posted by qzhou1 on 18 May 2005 - 09:00 AM in AccuTrack 8

As I stated in previous post, I did Copy captions.dbf and captions.fpt files from a fresh installation of AccuTrack 8 on to existing ones, it does solve the problem. However, after a few days, the same problem came back again. I just did the same thing to fix it. I would like to know if there is any known cause for the problem and if there is a permanent fix for it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Quan

#2201 Error #1429 for System Administrator Login

Posted by qzhou1 on 16 May 2005 - 09:59 AM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

We set up some system Administrators for AccuTrack 7 with limited rights.
(The rights granted are:
Edit sign-in Logs.
Session Log.
Appointments.
Message.
Who is in.
Reports.
Student Contacts.)

After we upgraded to 8.0.91, there is some error messages for those system Administrator with limited rights to login. (There is no problem with all logins in the Root group though.)

Here is the Error message:

Error #1429: OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from Nodes: Element not found.

click OK, get the next error message:

Error #12: Variable 'ISCHECKED' is not found.

Error #1113: File is not open.

Error #1939: WITH/ENDWITH mismatch.

Error #13: Alias 'MENUITEMS' is not found.

click OK. eventually we could get to the system Administrator window.

Thanks.

Quan

#2199 Error # 11: Function argument value, type, or

Posted by qzhou1 on 11 May 2005 - 02:42 PM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

I followed your advice and made a copy of two files captions.dbf and captions.fpt from AccuTrack 8 installation CD and pasted them at my current AccuData folder, and it seemed to be working.

I have one more concern though. My current AccuData was upgraded from AccuTrack 7. I did not touch it at all but upgraded it. Why the two files will cause the problem? Are those two files captions.dbf and captions.fpt the same files for different AccuData databases? Are there any information specific to database in those two files captions.dbf and captions.fpt ? Just want to make sure I will not break my current Data by copying those two files.

Thanks.

Quan

Quan,
Just checked the error file. The exact cause of error is not clear from the error log. However it seems there is a problem in captions table.
Try this:
Copy captions.dbf and captions.fpt files from a fresh installation of AccuTrack 8 on to existing ones (no one should be using accu at that time).
If that doesn't solve please send your data files. Refer to:

http://www.accutrack...t/send_data.htm

PS: Those files are the ones keeping your custom captions for labels etc (ie: Advisor instead of Tutor). It's a 4 records table that you can edit to your needs easily.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#2194 Error # 11: Function argument value, type, or

Posted by qzhou1 on 10 May 2005 - 11:51 AM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

I just sent the error file.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Quan

#2192 Error # 11: Function argument value, type, or

Posted by qzhou1 on 09 May 2005 - 02:48 PM in AccuTrack 8

Hi, I am getting an error message when I sign in as a Test student…

Error # 11: Function arugment value, type or count is invalid.

We are on AccuTrack 8.0.91.

Thanks.

Quan

#2189 Problem encountered when upgrade AccuTrack 7 to 8

Posted by qzhou1 on 06 May 2005 - 02:32 PM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

This morning I upgraded my AccuTrack 7 data to AccuTrack 8.0.91 data. Seemed we have a big problem here, all instructors are not shown anymore.

Thanks.

Quan

#2187 how to keep the configuration but not data?

Posted by qzhou1 on 05 May 2005 - 10:32 AM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

We want to start a new empty AccuTrack database instead of using the old one. Is there any way that we can keep the configuration from the old database but empty all the data?

Thanks.

Quan

#2186 AutoStart of AccuTrack 8?

Posted by qzhou1 on 05 May 2005 - 10:26 AM in AccuTrack 8

Hi,

I tried to copy AccuTrack.exe to startup folder in order to make AccuTrack 8 Auto start, but it did not work successfully. When I logged in, it always prompted me a windows of choosing the right directory, and some message that AccuTrack can not access online help etc.

I am pretty sure that AccuTrack 8 is pointing to the right location, since if I cancel the window and launch AccuTrack 8 from the shortcut in the desktop, everything just worked fine.

Thanks.

Quan