• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 dbroucek

dbroucek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

We are looking to have a production and development databases available. However this does mean that I will need to have one AccuSQL client be able to connect to two databases or have two different client installations.

Users will not have the ability to swith the database from within the application so is there some way to perhaps have an option to choose on launch.

I have not found a way to have two seperate installs of AccuSQL exist on the same computer, any advice?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

Have you tried two installation folders of AccuSQL with the software of each pointing to a different SQL database?
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 dbroucek

dbroucek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

I have, and AccuSQL wants to reference the same folder under c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\accutrack. I can switch the dbparam files for which every database to connect to, but I have users wanting to have two different databases running at the same time.

#4 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:41 AM

You can install AccuSQL into one folder and then copy that folder to other folders to create multiple "installs". Then for each, you would set the desired database and have shortcuts created from those folders.

A unique folder exists per installation folder under "c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\accutrack" (folder name is code driven, not registry based, so that copying an install folder would do).
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#5 dbroucek

dbroucek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

You can install AccuSQL into one folder and then copy that folder to other folders to create multiple "installs". Then for each, you would set the desired database and have shortcuts created from those folders.

A unique folder exists per installation folder under "c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\accutrack" (folder name is code driven, not registry based, so that copying an install folder would do).

Is it preferred to copy from a fresh install that has not been attached to a SQL database? What I have been experiencing when I copy from a setup in use and adjust the database that it is sharing the same c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\accutrack subfolder.

#6 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

Installations are not attached to an SQL database. You can change the database in use anytime you want. It is a plain folder copy. I don't know what you mean they use the same accutrack subfolder. Up to accutrack folder is same but under it there would a separate folder that is uniquely generated based on application folder name.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users