• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael H

Michael H

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

We are using Accutrack SQL v10. After installing the client on machine, it asked me for the database files location. I must have chose the wrong location. I now receive the following error:
ACCuSQL Error:
Error #1429
OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro: Cannot update the cursor SYSLOG, since it is read-only...

I have attempted to uninstall the Accutrack Client from the PC, and the Microsoft SQL Client, then reinstalling. I continue to receive the same error. I cannot find a way in which I can point the application to our SQL server data to bypass this error.

Michael D. Hyde
El Centro College

#2 Efecan Basoz

Efecan Basoz

• Moderators
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

Please convert your Database to SQL Server Database. It gives this error because it has Native database.

#3 Michael H

Michael H

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:09 AM

We are using an SQL database.

This issue is occurring when installing the client. It originally was looking for a FoxPro database, and I chose a location in hopes I could bypass the screen to point to our SQL database. Now when I attempt to launch the application I get the error message. I cannot get inside the application in order to point it to our SQL database.

Please convert your Database to SQL Server Database. It gives this error because it has Native database.

#4 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

We are using an SQL database.

This issue is occurring when installing the client. It originally was looking for a FoxPro database, and I chose a location in hopes I could bypass the screen to point to our SQL database. Now when I attempt to launch the application I get the error message. I cannot get inside the application in order to point it to our SQL database.

Hi,
When you select native data the location you chose should have read and write access. Under Vista, Windows 7 you are not allowed to write to a folder under Program Files. Please check if you are pointing to a folder under Program Files such as (c:\Program Files\AccuSQL\SampleDatabases\Tutoring_Sample).

If you have latest updates, then you can use SetDataPath.exe to set the database location directly to SQL server and AccuSQL would use the location you set. This is the easiest way (To download latest updates go to Help Center\Check Updates)

You can also use ClDataPath.exe to create a connection XML file:
-Run ClDataPath.exe
-Set the SQL server connection information (as you would do with SetDataPath or in AccuSQL Database\Database Location)
-When you save it creates a file named "DbCon.xml"

-Copy created 'dbcon.xml' to a USB stick or to a common network location
-Go to client.
-Copy that "dbcon.xml" to AccuSQL folder
-Run DbConnector.exe to register the location.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users