• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 ghedrick

ghedrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:32 PM

This started when we upgraded from version 8 to version 9. I have analyzed the network and cannot find any problems. I installed WireShark and ran a capture of just the login pc and the remote accutrack server. It seems to me from the capture that it is pulling in the entire database each time I login or out. Could it be a configuration problem? I will try to include this capture.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:12 PM

Here is how to test whether it's the network that's slowing down the log-in:

1. Go to System Administration and click on "Database" and then "Database Location". You will see the path to your database folder.
2. Copy the database folder from the network to your local drive (e.g. C:\AccuData). You may also want to copy the DataDic folder.
3. Using the database location screen, change the path to the local drive (e.g. C:\AccuData) and click Save.
4. Restart AccuTrack. The software is now using the database on the local drive.
5. Try a few sample sign-ins to test the speed. If the sign-ins are instantaneous (as they should be), then the problem is with the network speed.

By the way, if during the copying process in step 2 above you notice the speed of the copy operation go fast and then slow down, then it's another sign of a network problem.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users