3 replies to this topic

#1 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

Okay, question #2 on this topic. How can I export all of the students currently in AccuTrack? What I would like to do is export all of the students currently in AccuTrack, remove the ones who should be marked Inactive and re-import and update the ones who should be Active and let the others be marked Inactive.

Thanks,
laura

ps Do topics get "locked" once someone from AccuTrack replies? After a certain amount of time once the reply is posted? I don't always have time to get right back to whatever I asked about once a reply is posted (for this particular question I was away at a conference when the reply came in) and it seems whenever I have a follow up, the post is locked. As the original poster, can I unlock it? As always, I could just be missing something.

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#2 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hi Laura,

You can export all students in AccuTrack a few different ways. Here is my favorite method:

1) Click on Query Generator
2) Click New
3) In the Define Query window, select Students, click Next
4) Click the + sign next to Students then click on all the fields you would like to export. P1 through P10 correspond the the 10 profile fields. If you click the checkbox next to Students, it will select all fields.
5) Click Next
6) Click Next again since we do not need to filter on anything.
7) You can sort on a particular field by moving it to the right side of this screen, but it is not required. If you want to you can click Save As, but this is an easy query to recreate, so really no need.
8) Click Finish
9) Click on Preview and Select. This will open the query results preview. Now right click in the grid and choose Select All from the pop-up menu options. Click Close Form
10) You can save the results in several different formats. If you want to work with the data as you mentioned, I would recommend Excel File. Click that and it will open the results in Excel where you can save the file where you would like
11) That's it!

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

#3 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

As far as the topic locking, I am not aware that we have created any setting for that. I will check to see if it is somewhere in the forum configuration and adjust as necessary.

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Topics get locked after they are answered or after 5 days of inactivity. If you need to add to a closed topic let us know and we will reopen it.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users