#1 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hi,

I have given all users full rights to the database location on the server (ourservername\accutrack - all files below this). They are getting the above error when they are entering new tutors. They are not admins to their pcs (University policy) but I did give them full rights to C:\Program Files\AccuTrack on their pcs. Did I forget to give them rights to something else that would prevent these error messages?

Error messages such as these have been an on-going issue here on campus. This is a brand new installation for another area on campus wishing to use the software. I did a clean installation for them. I'd like to get these types of things resolved once and for all.

Thanks,

laura

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

You didn't include the error message.

Also what's in ourservername\accutrack?  If the database, then I would use high admin credentials in the AccuTrack database screen to give the software full access to the database folder.  With this you can launch AccuTrack under any Windows account - even one that does not have access to teh database folder.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi Mon,

I've been out of the office until today.

All I was given as an error message from my end user was Error #1429. I'll see if I can get more detailed info. I do know it occurs when she is setting up tutors.

As for the level of permissions, I'm not sure I get what you are saying. Can we set up a go-to/webex meeting so I can show you what I have done and maybe you can get me set up with the correct permissions? The database resides on a server. I have given each user full control to the database folder on the server. I also gave each user full control to the AcccuTrack folder on their pcs. The one that resides in C:\Program Files. I thought that would be enough functionality for them to use the software without error messages. I don't appear to have any issues but I am not a regular AccuTrack user and I am an administrator to my pc.

I am available after 2 pm this afternoon and all day tomorrow for a meeting. If this has to go into next week, send me some dates and times and we can work something out. I am not that busy.

Thanks,

laura

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Yes of course.  Please call our support department to schedule the online assistance session.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#5 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:08 PM