• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 AcademicSuccess

AcademicSuccess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

This morning a student tried to sign in for an appointment and received the following error: "Student record on hold. Please see the System Administrator." He doesn't have excessive no shows. Also, he used to be a student worker, but is not anymore (I took him off the student worker list). What is causing this error? How can I fix it?

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

How did you take him off the student worker list? It seems that you made his record inactive, which explains the message he's getting. One solution to this is to edit his record (in the Modify Staff screen) and change his sign-in ID and save (e.g. change the first 3 digits to 000).
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 AcademicSuccess

AcademicSuccess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

How did you take him off the student worker list? It seems that you made his record inactive, which explains the message he's getting. One solution to this is to edit his record (in the Modify Staff screen) and change his sign-in ID and save (e.g. change the first 3 digits to 000).

I did make him inactive, because I do not want his name to appear as a tutor when students sign out from tutoring. Is there another way to keep him off the tutor list? Like removing his assigned classes? If I do that though, I thought it might affect data from past semesters. Like if I look back at Fall 2009, will it still show that this student assisted with Math 090 if that class is no longer assigned to him as a student employee?

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

The best way is what I described in my previous post:

1) Go to System Administration -> Setup -> Tutor Setup -> Tutors
2) Find the tutor in the list and double click on the name. You can use the SuperTable built-in search and sort functions to find it faster.
3) Change the ID. For example, change the first 3 digits to 000
4) Click on "Save"

This will solve your problem without affecting any existing records. Also the tutor would be able to sign in as a student using his original ID without any problems.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users