#1 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hello, again,

I have the program set to send me copies by BCC of all emails because I wanted to see what the students were getting. I receive all of the appointment and cancellation notifications, but I do not receive the emails that are supposed to be sent out when a student is a no-show.

I haven't tested whether or not the no-show emails are even going out to the students, but I'm assuming not because no student has called to complain that one has gone out in error, which, since often we do have students who forget to sign in and so show up in our no-show list, should be happening. We catch it when they try to make another appointment.

When I click on the button to test email, it works, so I don't understand why the no-show emails aren't being sent out.

Arleen

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:52 PM

There is a fairly easy way to check whether these emails are going out. From System Administraion click on Setup -> Options and then on "Email Settings". If the box "Log all outgoing email" is checked, then click on "View Email Log" to see all the emails sent by AccuTrack. This will confirm whether they are going out. If the box is not checked, then check it and click Save, and check it again in a few days.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:29 AM

There is a fairly easy way to check whether these emails are going out.  From System Administraion click on Setup -> Options and then on "Email Settings".  If the box "Log all outgoing email" is checked, then click on "View Email Log" to see all the emails sent by AccuTrack.  This will confirm whether they are going out.  If the box is not checked, then check it and click Save, and check it again in a few days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just checked. I went through all of my settings for email and can't discover anything improperly checked, unchecked, or filled in. The log shows no No-Show notifications have been sent.

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:22 PM

If the log does not show them, then they were not generated to start with. Of course this assumes you had the option to log appointments turned ON. If this option was off, then none of the appointment notifications will appear in the log.

The first thing to check is whether the appointment notification option is enabled. In the Options screen, click on the "Email Reminders" page and make sure that the checkbox "Send no-show notification email" is checked. Also make sure that you have a template there and that it does not have mistakes (copy back original template if not sure).

Another thing to check is whether you had no-shows during the past period. For that, go back to your System Administration screen and then click on Appointments and then No-Shows. If the list is empty, then it might be that your no-show options are not set correctly.

Finally, you need to make sure that you are using the latest version of AccuTrack, including the latest version of the AccuTR utility. This utility is what sends out the no-show and other emails, and it needs to be version 1.0.13 (accutr.exe version. The file exists in the AccuTrack installation folder). This version is included with AccuTrack 9.1.4 and AccuTrack 9.6.0 updates (Platinum releases). To get this updates, follow the instructions here: http://www.accutrack...roubleshoot.htm
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

1. If the log does not show them, then they were not generated to start with.  Of course this assumes you had the option to log appointments turned ON.  If this option was off, then none of the appointment notifications will appear in the log.

2. The first thing to check is whether the appointment notification option is enabled.  In the Options screen, click on the "Email Reminders" page and make sure that the checkbox "Send no-show notification email" is checked.  Also make sure that you have a template there and that it does not have mistakes (copy back original template if not sure).

3. Another thing to check is whether you had no-shows during the past period.  For that, go back to your System Administration screen and then click on Appointments and then No-Shows.  If the list is empty, then it might be that your no-show options are not set correctly.

4. Finally, you need to make sure that you are using the latest version of AccuTrack, including the latest version of the AccuTR utility.  This utility is what sends out the no-show and other emails, and it needs to be version 1.0.13 (accutr.exe version.  The file exists in the AccuTrack installation folder). This version is included with AccuTrack 9.1.4 and AccuTrack 9.6.0 updates (Platinum releases).  To get this updates, follow the instructions here: http://www.accutrack...roubleshoot.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Right. It's on because it has logged all appointment and cancellation notifications.
2. Yes, all is checked- appt. and no-show reminders.
3. Yes, we had many no-shows all recorded on the no-show screen.
4. Yes, we're using the latest version (9.6).

I have turned on sign-in notifications to be emailed to tutors as well, and that is working properly. It's very strange. All emails appear to be going out except the no-show emails. I even changed the subject line of the message to be sure that I would know that it is a no-show notification, and then went through the email log to be sure that the notifications that went out were all appointments and cancellations, and that none were no-shows just in case. There are no no-show notifications in the log.

You mention an incorrect template. I'm not sure where to go to replace the original, but this is what I have. Am I missing something in it?

-----------------

Hello, <<StudentName>>

Our system indicates that you did not sign in for an appointment at the DM Tutoring Center which is detailed below.

Missed Appointment(s) :

<<AppointmentInfoList>>

<<DateTimeGenerated>>

This has resulted in a no-show, which means we cannot make future appointments for you. If you attended your session, please call the Tutoring Center so that we can record your visit.

If you did not attend your session you must speak to the supervisor to resolve the issue. The supervisor can generally be reached between the hours of 8 and 4.

Our number is 253-7445.

Thank you.

DMTC Staff

#6 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:20 AM

Hi,
I tested this today and got all the no-show reminder emails. Would you send me your data if you want me to check further (cetin@accutrack.org).
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#7 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

Hi,
I tested this today and got all the no-show reminder emails. Would you send me your data if you want me to check further (cetin@accutrack.org).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you be more specific? Do you want the database? A particular log file?

#8 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:19 PM

That would be the databsae. Zip the AccuData folder and send the zipped file as an attachment to cetin@accutrack.org
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#9 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

That would be the databsae.  Zip the AccuData folder and send the zipped file as an attachment to cetin@accutrack.org

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can close this topic. Maybe when I clean out the database and upgrade, it'll all get fixed. I don't have time right now to figure it out.

Thank you.

#10 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:47 PM

No problem.

Since we could not reproduce the issue at our end, we'd need your database and specific instances within it where the problem is visible. If in the future you decide you want further assistance in this issue, send us the database with a description of this problem and reference this topic, and we will reopen the issue.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users