6 replies to this topic

#1 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:38 PM

This only happens on the computer that houses the database. We can open reports, but we cannot scroll, print, or use any of the menu items. The open report acts simply as an image with no interactivity. I can print reports from other satellite computers, but we need to be able to print them from the main computer. (We don't house the database on the server, it's on our front desk reception computer.)

Also, on one of our satellite computers, when reports are pulled up they aren't formatted. It's comparable to opening an html file and seeing just the basic html content without the css formatting that turns it into a nicely laid out page. The field names are in a list format with the info next to them. This report problem happened at the same time on both computers, but I have no idea what could have caused it. One day they were working, the next they weren't, and no error messages popped up.

#2 anissaharris

anissaharris

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:54 PM

This only happens on the computer that houses the database. We can open reports, but we cannot scroll, print, or use any of the menu items. The open report acts simply as an image with no interactivity. I can print reports from other satellite computers, but we need to be able to print them from the main computer. (We don't house the database on the server, it's on our front desk reception computer.)

Also, on one of our satellite computers, when reports are pulled up they aren't formatted. It's comparable to opening an html file and seeing just the basic html content without the css formatting that turns it into a nicely laid out page. The field names are in a list format with the info next to them. This report problem happened at the same time on both computers, but I have no idea what could have caused it. One day they were working, the next they weren't, and no error messages popped up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds similar to my problem (posted below). I had no problem with reports one day and then had data missing the next--no error messages or warnings. Any connection between these two things?
Anissa Harris
Harding University
Searcy, AR

#3 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:09 PM

It does not sound like the same problem to me.

DMTC Supervisor: Have you tried running the reports in the native report viewer? Before clicking on "Show report", check the box "Use Native Report Engine" in the lower right corner of the screen.

Also don't forget the basic troubleshooting tips: Run data repair and make sure you are using the latest version of the software (currently 9.5.2 for the Platinum release).
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#4 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:36 PM

It does not sound like the same problem to me.

DMTC Supervisor: Have you tried running the reports in the native report viewer?  Before clicking on "Show report", check the box "Use Native Report Engine" in the lower right corner of the screen.

Also don't forget the basic troubleshooting tips: Run data repair and make sure you are using the latest version of the software (currently 9.5.2 for the Platinum release).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, I checked the native report engine checkbox. It didn't change anything. Yes, we're running the latest updated version, yes, we did a repair. I figured out what I did wrong on the satellite computer, though, so the only problem is the screen freezing when I open any report on the main computer. We can close it, but none of the functions work, i.e. scrolling, printing, etc.

#5 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:31 PM

If it's only happening on that machine, then something there is causing the problem. It could be a hardware issue, a virus, a corrupted registry, etc. There is no easy way for us to troubleshoot something like this.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#6 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:50 AM

If it's only happening on that machine, then something there is causing the problem.  It could be a hardware issue, a virus, a corrupted registry, etc.  There is no easy way for us to troubleshoot something like this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It only happens with Accutrack. All the other programs work fine, scroll fine, print fine, etc. Nothing freezes but the Accutrack reports.

#7 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

OK, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the software. To uninstall, use the Windows Add/Remove Program utility. Make sure to backup the database first! After running the remove utility, completely delete the Accu9 folder (C:\Program Files\Accu9) to make sure all the temp files are deleted too. You can then reinstall the software from its installation CD.

By the way, make sure that you do NOT run the live database from a subfolder of AccuTrack 9 installation (i.e. C:\Program Files\Accu9\AccuData). Instead, you need to follow installation guidelines and put the database folder and DataDic folder in its own folder (e.g. C:\AccuFiles).

Sorry but I have not heard of this problem before and have no further explanation.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users