1 reply to this topic

#1 Lealvarez1

Lealvarez1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

One of the new features in Accutrack 11 that I was looking forward to the most is the Seminar Import feature. In our program, we post over 30 seminars (workshops) at the beginning of each semester. We open the seminars all at once so the students have a chance to choose what they want to participate in for the semester more fairly. Our seminar schedule is also posted on two different calendars, one for the staff and one for the students. So, all of these start and end times in the calendars and Accutrack must be accurate. This is what Seminar Import allows us to do!

After the seminars have been added to the staff calendar in Outlook, I simply export the calendar into a cvs format. I open this in Excel and move the columns around so they match the following columns in Accutrack:
Title, Start, End, Registration end, Capacity, Location, Presenter, Short Description

You will not have data for Registration end, Capacity, and Presenter. You can use the following Excel formula to calculate Registration end times to be one hour before the seminar, or can you can fill the information in by hand. =TIME(HOUR(B2)-1,MINUTE(B2),0) Enter in your capacities and presenters and save your document as a cvs.

Now, in Accutrack logged in as admin, choose Database and then import. In the first field use the "..." button to navigate to the calendar cvs file you just saved. In the second field choose "Seminar Information". Choose "Comma Separated Value (CVS)" in the next screen. Hit next and now map your fields by dragging the column headings to the matching fields. Hit next and then finish. That's it! You have now imported all of your seminars into Accutrack at once with no mistakes for times and dates!

I love this feature because it allows me to enter many seminars at once with perfect accuracy!

Laura Alvarez
Software Consultant
Engineerica Systems, Inc.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for sharing this with us Lura. That's a creative and nice way of adding your seminars.

You might be interested to know that we just released AccuSL. This software makes some AccuTrack/AccuSQL features available online. This includes the Seminar registration feature. So with AccuSL your students would be able to view, register, and if needed drop their seminar registration remotely with a web browser! More info available here.

We plan to add other features to AccuSL. These will be implemented according to AccuSL users requests.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users