• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 marinkja

marinkja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

I am trying to repair the database but I get this error "You are using and old version of the DataDic folder, Please Correct and try again".

I am running Accutrack V10.0.2. Where can I get the current version of that DataDic folder? I think all I have to do is copy the new version over the old version and it's all set, right?

Thanks
Jason

#2 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:34 PM

Hi and thanks for the question.

The AccuData database and the DataDic both have a dataversion.inf file that determines which version they are and the AccuData and the DataDic are at the same directory level. What I mean is let's say we have a folder called AccuTrackFiles, under that folder we would have the AccuData folder and also the DataDic folder. The dataversions for these folders need to match. To check them, do this:

Open the AccuData folder, then open the dataversion.inf file in notepad. You will see a dataversion number in there. Something like 9.1.1 or 10.0.0 depending on your version of the software.

Now go to the DataDic folder and open its dataversion.inf file in notepad and see what version it has. In this case, it will be a lower number than the one you have in the AccuData folder (hence older data dictionary message).

To fix this, you will need to replace the DataDic folder with a matching one. Check you local AccuTrack DataDic on C:\Program Files\AccuXX and see if its dataversion.inf matches. If it does, then replace the existing DataDic folder on the share with this one and you should be all set.

If you cannot find a matching DataDic, email me at david@accutrack.org and I'll send you one.

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

#3 marinkja

marinkja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

Thanks Dave.
The dataversions were different,and the fix worked!

Jason

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users