• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 a.fosmire

a.fosmire

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

We frequently use the e-mail feature to send out notices and reminders to both Students and Tutors. At present the e-mails appear to come from my e-mail address even if a different Sender is entered. Unfortunately everyone responds to this one e-mail even when the e-mail specifically directs students to respond to a different address.

Is there anyway to add multiple sender e-mails and/or edit the e-mail address for each e-mail that is created before sending it?

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

I assume you are referring to the email capability in the Messaging Center screen?

AccuTrack email is sent via a single email account, which is set up in the Options screen. The "Sender" name and email address you set up in this screen is used with all messages. You can change this email address to something generic like mycenter@mycollege.edu. You can then setup an auto responder for this account that says something like "This email address is not monitored. Please check your email message for instructions on where you should be replying ..."

It might be possible to enable adding a sender's email address, but I am not sure how the sender's email server would handle the message if the sender's email address does not match the mail account owner's email address. Also the recepient system might flag such messages as SPAM.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

UPDATE: This feature as added to the Platinum Plus upgrade, which is now available for download. See the NEWS forum for the details.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users