a.fosmire's Content

There have been 17 items by a.fosmire (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#4365 Platinum Plus Release

Posted by a.fosmire on 03 May 2007 - 01:12 PM in Platinum Plus

So how do we download the Platinum Plus upgrade. I called the center and they said to e-mail support.

#4240 E-mail Messages From Accutrack

Posted by a.fosmire on 13 March 2007 - 03:33 PM in Platinum Plus

We frequently use the e-mail feature to send out notices and reminders to both Students and Tutors. At present the e-mails appear to come from my e-mail address even if a different Sender is entered. Unfortunately everyone responds to this one e-mail even when the e-mail specifically directs students to respond to a different address.

Is there anyway to add multiple sender e-mails and/or edit the e-mail address for each e-mail that is created before sending it?

#4196 Daylight Savings Time Change

Posted by a.fosmire on 02 March 2007 - 03:46 PM in Platinum Plus

With the Daylight Savings time changing earlier this year, how will it affect the clock on Accutrack. Is this patched directly to the desktop that Accutrack is on?

Do you have to do anything to prepare for this?

#4092 Appointment Confirmation E-mails

Posted by a.fosmire on 09 February 2007 - 09:39 AM in Platinum Plus

I see.  Do you have a suggestion for a better way to phrase it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could simply say:

Below is your schedule for upcoming appointments.

#4037 Appointment Confirmation E-mails

Posted by a.fosmire on 31 January 2007 - 02:57 PM in Platinum Plus

I understand how the 3 week period is set and why it is generated that way. But it is deceiving to the students when they have only one appointment scheduled and the e-mails says that it is their "schedule for the next 3 weeks."

The 3-week references the period admin selected for the appointment report.  This  means the email message is showing all schedule appointments for this period, including those that were just scheduled and others that were scheduled earlier.  The period is set in the Options screen and can be changed there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#4036 Tutoring Request Screen

Posted by a.fosmire on 31 January 2007 - 02:54 PM in Platinum Plus

People are using different ID and PW.

The system sticks in the System Admin screen and a note appears in the top left of the screen saying "Please wait. Loading"

#4033 Appointment Confirmation E-mails

Posted by a.fosmire on 31 January 2007 - 12:44 PM in Platinum Plus

The appointment confirmation e-mails whicha re sent to students automatically say the following:

"Student's schedule for next 3 weeks is as follows:"

It has recently come to our attention that this is deceiving to students. They assume that the system made the appointment for them for 3 weeks. Of course that is only the case if the dates are scheduled and show up below this statement. But student's don't read things in detail. So this has caused some mis-communication because students think they have an appointment, but the tutor doesn't show up because it isn't in the system.

Suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem? Can we edit this?

#4031 Tutoring Request Screen

Posted by a.fosmire on 31 January 2007 - 12:39 PM in Platinum Plus

Ever since the new Accutrack 9.0 came out we have had a problem with our administrative systems. It seems that if Person A is in Tutoring Requests and person B clicks on the Tutoring Requests node, Person B's Accutrack freezes and they cannot enter Tutoring Requests. When the person A exits Tutoring Requests Person' B's system unfreezes and let's the person B into Tutoring Requests.

This was a problem last semester but we dealt with it. Now we have more people in the office at the same time using the Tutoring Request screen and it causes a hold up.

Please help- Amanda Fosmire

#4021 Update v9.0.7

Posted by a.fosmire on 25 January 2007 - 02:18 PM in AccuTrack 9

I am not sure if I understand.  Did the system send out duplicate reminders, old reminders, or were the reminders sent correctly? 

AccuTR (reminder utility) was updated some time ago.  However, automatic update was not able to update the file after downloading it because AccuTR is usually running.  In 9.0.7 update we end the running AccuTR process, which enables auto update to do its job.  In other word, there is a chance you were running an older version of the reminder utility until you downloaded version 9.0.7.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it is working correctly. I just have never seen these e-mails before. They use to say they are from Peer Tutoring Center and now they say they are from Reminder Center.

Also, we did missed the some previous updates. The version we had before this was 9.0.4.

#4016 Update v9.0.7

Posted by a.fosmire on 25 January 2007 - 11:32 AM in AccuTrack 9

Is there is change in the the automatice e-mails that are sent to students?

After we completed the update yesterday the no-show notification e-mails and 24 hours reminder e-mails cam flooding in. My e-mails filters all Accutrack Appointment reminders and noticifactions to a specific folder but now it appears different e-mails are being distributed.

Also, I set our Preferences in the Options Wizards the same as before, but students received e-mails for no-shows when they hadn't been missed the appointment.

So I'm just curious about what changes were made to these automated e-mails??

Amanda Fosmire- Northeastern University

#4015 Tutoring Requests

Posted by a.fosmire on 25 January 2007 - 11:20 AM in Platinum Plus

OK.  We will add that to the next 9 release.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great! Also I should have mentioned that it would be great if the Tutor and Student's contact information would aslo pre-populate. Currently just their names and the course information populate into the e-mail.

Can the phone numbers and e-mail of the Tutor and the students also be automatically populated.

#4010 Tutoring Requests

Posted by a.fosmire on 24 January 2007 - 11:39 AM in Platinum Plus

One of the best things about Accutrack 9 is that when a tutor is assigned to a student in the Tutoring Requests Screen, an automatic e-mail is generated to the Tutor and Student.

I was wondering if there is anyway to edit this e-mail. I couldn't find an option to edit this e-mail in the Options screen.

It would be great if we could customize this like the e-mail that is sent when students make appointments. We send another e-mail to students and tutors which provides their contact info (phone and e-mail) and some other details of their tutoring assignment, and how to make appointments. This would reduce ALOT of workload if we could edit this e-mail instead of sending two of them.

Thank you!

Amanda Fosmire- Northeastern University

#3992 Tutoring Requests Screen

Posted by a.fosmire on 19 January 2007 - 12:14 PM in AccuTrack 9

One of the best things about Accutrack 9 is that when a tutor is assigned to a student in the Tutoring Requests Screen, an automatic e-mail is generated to the Tutor and Student.

I was wondering if there is anyway to edit this e-mail. I couldn't find an option to edit this e-mail in the Options screen.

It would be great if we could customize this like the e-mail that is sent when students make appointments. We send another e-mail to students and tutors which provides their contact info (phone and e-mail) and some other details of their tutoring assignment, and how to make appointments. This would reduce ALOT of workload if we could edit this e-mail instead of sending two of them.

Thank you!

Amanda Fosmire- Northeaster University

#3991 Set Appointment Node

Posted by a.fosmire on 19 January 2007 - 12:02 PM in AccuTrack 9

Some appointments were sest using the "Set Appointment" node. The appointments were made as follows:

1) Set Subject
2) SKIPPED Select Course - this was left blank
3) Select Tutor
4) Select days

Then the duration of time was selection. The open was NOT set as Exclusive and the "set appointment" button was clicked. Then the student was select and the appointment was completed.

PROBLEM: The appointment is NOT recorded under "View/Cancel" Node. The appointment is NOT recorded on the tutor's schedule. However the time is blocked out in Pink and no other appointments can be made. Nor can the same appointment be rescheduled. Hovering over the Pink does not show any student name signed up for the appointment.
This is supposed to be a group sign up time and now it is blocked.

There is no way to cancel the open or correct this error. Please advise.

#3287 Tutor Sign-ins

Posted by a.fosmire on 12 May 2006 - 04:01 PM in Wish List

Version 8.1.34

Unlike the students, Tutors are not able to simply scan their ID cards to sign in. :huh:

Also, only students can sign in to access and sign up for seminars. We would like to use this feature for Tutor workshops and training, but we then have to enter tutors as students as well. B)

#3286 Session Logs

Posted by a.fosmire on 12 May 2006 - 03:58 PM in Wish List

Version 8.1.34

Tutors suggested that when they sign out, the session log box automatically appears. Tutors find it to be a hassle to sign in to do a session log. Then they have to sign in again to sign out. This would also remind them to due session logs when they sign out. B)

#3285 Session Logs

Posted by a.fosmire on 11 May 2006 - 03:26 PM in AccuTrack 8

Version 8.1.34

Our office has never used the e-mailing function for session logs. But we do for most other things so I know it's not a problem with the e-mail connection.

I entered instructors in 'Instructor set-up' and submitted their e-mails. I also assigned "instructors" to the "activities." So it's set up correctly.

Problem: It seems that the session logs comments can be e-mailed from the adminsitrative end, but not from the tutor's end. When a tutor clicks 'e-mail comments' a message says that there is no Instructor e-mail assigned. Even though the Session log displays the professor's e-mail.

Question: Can we select the other instructors from the list if the student didn't choose the correct instructor for the course?