Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:07 AM
If these wishes are possible in AccuTrack 11, please let me know. We haven't been able to find how to set them up. If not, please consider this a wish list. :)
1) Ability to have different types of emails go out. We use the email from appointment feature quite heavily. However, we have a need for at least 2 different types of emails to go out as appointment reminders. There are the ones for tutoring appt reminders and ones for students who are working with our dismissal coordinator. The current setup doesn't allow us to have different these 2 types of emails.
2) Integration with Gmail. It's working but at times we get error messages and/or the emails don't go out but we don't know they haven't gone out.
3) Intake form. Upon first coming to the Academic Success center, students are required to fill out an intake form. It's different than a survey. We've tried using that and it's not working the way we need it to. Or at least that is what I am being told. :)
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:32 PM
Here are some comments:
1) You are correct; only one type of reminder email is supported. Since no other user asked for supporting more than one type of reminder email, this request is not high up on our to-do list. Perhaps you can work around this limitation. For example, in the email you can mention both cases (e.g. If this is a tutoring appointment, then .... If this is a coordinator appointment, then .."). Another idea: If you use a separate database per type of center (tutoring vs. counseling), then you can have different email templates for each type of appointment.
2) AccuTrack 11 does not support GMail because GMail is an encrypted SMTP server. Adding a compatible email server is easy though. You can set up your own SMTP server (comes free with 'server' version of the Windows operationg systems), or you can get an account with SMTP support with a web hosting company. For example, our web host offers unlimited SMTP account with their web hosting package. The hosting package cost: only $35 per year! If you do not deal with a webhost, we can do the leg work and provide you with your own SMTP account for $49/year.
By the way, GMail support is on version 12 to-do list. The above solution though a quick alternative.
3) AccuTrack 11 does not offer a 'First Visit Intake Form' feature. If you can use the Survey for that, then that would be great. Keep in mind thought that the Survey only allows overall statistics and treats responses as ananymous, so you cannot view per student 'survey response'. For this reason, using a regular paper form for this function might be a better opton.
While it is possible to add a "First Visit Intake Form" to the system, we do not have plans to do this anytime soon because no one else asked for this feature. We add features in order of their popularity to benefit as many users as possible, so unpopular requests will not make it. If other users come through and ask for the same, then that will bring up the item on the list and it would be more probable that it would get implemented.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users