#1 anissaharris

anissaharris

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

Hey guys, 

I have not been able to get Accutrack Emails to send since the 2015 SQL upgrade in January. I have been using SQL 2014 successfully, but now it won't even send emails. 

We have verified with our university IT that we have McAfee & firewall clearance with our server on campus. What I need to know now is the following:

What is the exact file/program/exe that is SENDING EMAILS and REMINDERS from AccutrackIT needs to verify that it has been given clearance since there are multiple workstations. Currently the following files have permissions but I don't know why the emails won't go. 
  • AccuSQL12.exe
  • AccuSQL2014.exe
  • AccuSQL2015.exe
  • AccuTr.exe
  • AccuTr_Reminder.exe
  • AccuPager.exe
Please let me know what would help. Here is my error that I get whether i use SQL 2014 or 2015. I think perhaps there is a file besides the ones listed above that I need to allow through our university port. (Image is attached--when I clicked on IMAGE in this forum post window, it asks for a URL rather than a file to upload). . . 

Also advise me of the best way to get quick replies when I have an urgent matter. There was not a 2015 forum so I just posted here.

I don't know if I should email like this, call, or post in the forum etc. 

Thanks again, 

Anissa

Anissa Harris
Harding University
Searcy, AR

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:45 PM

Anissa,

The quickest way to get support for users with an active Platinum Plus subscription is to either call our support department or to email support@accutrack.org.  In the past two days though we were hosting the AccuTrack Orlando training class, so staff members did not have the usual full availability for support.

As for your question, I don't know really.  We have been testing the email capability at our office and that has been working well. Also we did not heard of this issue from other users, so it seems to be a local installation issue. One common issue is a security software blocking outgoing email messages, which you say you have checked.  Another common issue is the mail server itself refusing to send messages after a certain number of outgoing messages is reached.  This is a result of a network setting meant to prevent spam or automated mailers.  Another possibility: email server settings changed thus the email is not going out.

Keep in mind that reminder are set by AccuTr and AccTr_Reminder.  These MUST BE RUNNING to sent the emails.  We recommend you run them on the server for best results.  Note that with versions 2014 and 2015, you must run the AccuTR software or set it up for auto launch.  It no longer runs on each computer running AccuTrack. 

If you call our office on Monday our support staff can do an online assistance session to help you troubleshoot.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users