• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 MikeCCC

MikeCCC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

I was editing a student sign-in and inadvertently entered the year as 2104.  The record appears in the list of "Who's In" and also in the "Sign Out" list but I have been unable to access the record from the edit screen to correct it.  I have tried setting the date range in the edit screen to show a range of days surrounding the record in question but the record never appears in the list to be edited.

Is there some way to access and correct this record?

Thanks,

Mike

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

Mike,

I believe that list is sorted by sign-in date.  Set the filter to include the sign-in date, edit the record, fix the sign-out date, and then save.

Let us know if it works.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 MikeCCC

MikeCCC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hi Mon,

It didn't work. I also tried setting the filter in the edit window to "all" and sorting the list by date and looking for the record with no success and then by name looking for the student and it seems to present all the records except the one I want to edit.

The student's other sign in records are there but not the one I've mis-dated.  I am thinking of asking the database administrator if she can just delete the record altogether.  Any tips for her on doing that?

Mike

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

Yes. The sign-in records are saved in a table named logbook.  She would need to first find the internal ID of the student in the user_inf table.  She can then run a query on the logbook table on that student ID to get all the sign-in records for that student.  Since the date is messed up, she should be able to spot the incorrect one and delete it.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users