Photo

Your record is on hold. Please see the System Admininstrator error.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hi,

I cannot remember how to fix this. We have students that used to be student workers in our tutoring center but no longer work there. Now they want to come in for tutoring help but they are getting the above error. They are marked Inactive as Tutors and Active as Students. How do I fix this? And why does it happen?

Thanks,

laura

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

That sounds like the message inactive students get.  Check the Options screen -> Sign-in Screen -> Other under the box "Messages" to see if it matches.  If so, it means the student is set inactive.

If your students are no longer tutors, a simple fix is to change their ID in the Tutor Setup screen.  For example, if the old ID is "123456789", then edit that record in Tutor Setup and change the ID to "023456789" and save.  

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

HI Mon,

That's not the error message we have in the Other area. We've left the AccuTrack default and I can't find the error message that is getting shown anywhere.

Also, why is this happening? Shouldn't the fact that the tutor flag is inactive allow them to log in as a student? Changing ID numbers is tricky because we use students' real college id numbers and I don't want to inadvertantly change an id number to someone else's. Is there something else we can do to make it work properly?

Lastly, does changing the id numbers of the no longer active tutors affect reporting for prior semesters in any way? There's a big push on campus to compare semesters and I can't have inaccurate reporting because I had to monkey with the id numbers.

Thanks,

laura

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Laura,

No changing the ID number will not affect historical record because students and tutors are tracked via an internal ID not their sign-in ID.

Don't worry about duplicating an existing ID as the software will not allow it.

Finally, make sure you are running the latest maintenance release of the AccuTrack software you are using.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users