laura's Content

There have been 14 items by laura (Search limited from 19-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7398 Setting up Card Swipe

Posted by laura on 16 September 2013 - 01:24 PM in Platinum Plus

Hi,

I can't remember how to do this. :unsure:  I have card swipes that we bought from you and I thought is was a simple  matter of plug and go but it's not working. I need this to work for Wednesday afternoon (3 pm). Can someone get back to me ASAP? Adding to the "my lack of planning is not your emergency" scenario, I will be out of the office Tuesday afternoon. :blush:

Thanks,

laura

#7393 Question/Issue with Student Groups report

Posted by laura on 05 September 2013 - 09:08 AM in Platinum Plus

Hi,

This is the first time I have set students up in groups. I notice when I run the Student Groups report it alphabetizes the list by First Name then Last Name but displays the names as Last Name, First Name. This is very confusing! I have all the Allisons at the top of the list, followed by the Edwards followed by the Todd's but Allison Smith is showing up before Todd Green.  This happens when I don't filter for any specific groups and list them all (I have about 10 groups). The list looks like:

Smith, Allison

Adams, Edward

Green, Todd

When I run the report for just one group, it is getting sorted by student id # which is not displayed. Amanda Turner is at the top of the list followed by Jane Cooper follwed by Katherine Adams. The list looks like:

Turner, Amanda

Cooper, Jane

Adams, Katherine

And when I run the report for just 2 groups, it appears to use student id #. Again, confusing since the id # is not displayed so it just looks like a mess and you can't find anyone easily.

Did I miss a "sort the list" option or is this by design? If by design can it be fixed to sort alpha by Last Name and display that way?

Thanks,

laura

ps If you need to see copies of what I am getting, let me know. I don't have the capability to attach documents to the forums. :(

#7392 Error #1429 - with pictures this time

Posted by laura on 05 September 2013 - 08:55 AM in Platinum Plus

And part 2. Yesterday I imported students into a new version of AccuTrack. I imported about 6 lists and all went smoothly. Today I manually added about 10 students and received the same types of errors as I did when adding tutors. I even ran a repair a couple of times and still got the errors and got kicked out of AccuTrack. There is something wrong somewhere. I would appreciate a call back with plans to do some screen sharing so we can see what is going on. My end users are extremely frustrated over this.

I have more screen shots from today if anyone can tell me where to send them to.

Thanks,

laura

#7391 Error #1429 - with pictures this time

Posted by laura on 04 September 2013 - 12:55 PM in Platinum Plus

Hi,

I posted about this issue in June. I sent an email to support asking for a webex/gotomeeting/shared pc meeting and never received a response. I followed up with a second email on 8/26. Still no response. I sent it to support@accutrack.org Is that still valid? It didn't bounce back.

I was just setting up new tutors for the fall semester. No one else was in AccuTrack while I was working. I successfully set up 2 tutors and while setting up the third one, I received the series of error messages that I've attached. I have full admin rights to my pc as well as to the network location where AccuTrack resides as well as being a member of the Root user group for AccuTrack. I have always assumed that being a member of Root meant I had full access to EVERYTHING in the AccuTrack application.

Can someone please explain what is going on? And get back to me with a time for a web meeting to check my set up?

I can't attach a word doc. Can someone let me know where I should send the screen shots????!

Thanks,

laura

#7382 Error #1429 when adding tutors

Posted by laura on 20 June 2013 - 03:08 PM in Platinum Plus

Will do. ~ laura

#7380 Error #1429 when adding tutors

Posted by laura on 20 June 2013 - 10:02 AM in Platinum Plus

Hi Mon,

I've been out of the office until today.

All I was given as an error message from my end user was Error #1429. I'll see if I can get more detailed info. I do know it occurs when she is setting up tutors.

As for the level of permissions, I'm not sure I get what you are saying. Can we set up a go-to/webex meeting so I can show you what I have done and maybe you can get me set up with the correct permissions? The database resides on a server. I have given each user full control to the database folder on the server. I also gave each user full control to the AcccuTrack folder on their pcs. The one that resides in C:\Program Files. I thought that would be enough functionality for them to use the software without error messages. I don't appear to have any issues but I am not a regular AccuTrack user and I am an administrator to my pc.

I am available after 2 pm this afternoon and all day tomorrow for a meeting. If this has to go into next week, send me some dates and times and we can work something out. I am not that busy.

Thanks,

laura

#7377 Error #1429 when adding tutors

Posted by laura on 12 June 2013 - 09:15 AM in Platinum Plus

Hi,

I have given all users full rights to the database location on the server (ourservername\accutrack - all files below this). They are getting the above error when they are entering new tutors. They are not admins to their pcs (University policy) but I did give them full rights to C:\Program Files\AccuTrack on their pcs. Did I forget to give them rights to something else that would prevent these error messages?

Error messages such as these have been an on-going issue here on campus. This is a brand new installation for another area on campus wishing to use the software. I did a clean installation for them. I'd like to get these types of things resolved once and for all.

Thanks,

laura

#7376 Import Question

Posted by laura on 12 June 2013 - 09:10 AM in Platinum Plus

Thanks Mon. I'll give it a whirl with one database and 3 separate logins.

~ laura

#7366 Import Question

Posted by laura on 06 June 2013 - 03:22 PM in Platinum Plus

Hi,

I have a question about importing activities for students. I'll try to be clear as I explain what I want to do.

There will be a seminar for the entire freshmen class over 3 days in September. We will track attendance using AccuTrack. I found the posting how to make that process go quickly, thanks. The room we are using has 3 entrances and we want to have sign in stations at each doorway. I have had problems in the past with multiple users signed in at once trying to access the same tables (I use the Foxpro back end. Upgrading to SQL before September is not an option.) My thought was to create 3 separate databases of AccuTrack for the sign in pcs and then combine the data from each database into one for reporting purposes. I was looking at the import process and I can't find the option to import attendance in an Activity. The Registration import doesn't seem to give me what I want in terms of reporting that a student actually attended the seminar. Which is what we need to be tracking.

To be clear, I thought I would create database FroshSeminarA to be used at doorway A, database FroshSeminarB to be used at doorway B and database FroshSeminarC to be used at doorway C. When the seminars are done, I want to export the info of who attended from databases FroshSeminarB and FroshSeminarC and import that info into FroshSeminarA. Is that possible?

Thanks,

laura

#7364 Error: "There is no tutor activity available."

Posted by laura on 20 May 2013 - 10:38 AM in Platinum Plus

Thanks Mon. I guess I never set that part up before. It's working now.

#7359 Error: "There is no tutor activity available."

Posted by laura on 16 May 2013 - 03:03 PM in Platinum Plus

Hi,

I am attempting to set up a new area on campus with AccuTrack. I have a tutor set up. I have a semester set up that includes today. I have one Category that is marked Active and that Category has 2 Activities that are Active. The tutor is assigned to those activities. The message above is what I get when I sign as the tutor. If i sign in as a student, I can see the Category & Activities. The tutor is scheduled to work 7 days a week 7 am - 10:30 pm. The activities show up here as well.I cannot figure out what I am missing. Please set me straight. :)

Thanks,

laura

#7339 Your record is on hold - part 2

Posted by laura on 20 March 2013 - 10:16 AM in Platinum Plus

Hi,

First, it's a tad annoying that the topics get locked so quickly. I received an email at 7pm on Firday 3/15 that a reply was made to my question. I was out of the office Monday 3/18 and we had a snow day on Tuesday 3/19. I try to leave work at work over the weekends and on my days off so I didn't read the reply. Now I want to respond and have to start a new topic. Could you leave topics open for 14 calendar days? That would give time for weekends and vacations for a response from us, the end users. Thanks for considering this.

Second, while we are going to change the id numbers of the inactive tutors, I still don't have my question answered or feel that it is being addressed. Why does this happen? Are you going to be able to do something about it? My concern with changing the id numbers is someone may change an id number to a student id number that doesn't exist yet. And then what?

Let me be clearer. Student 0432123 is a tutor for the Fall 2012 semester. Student 0432123 decides not to tutor for the Spring 2013 semester. Tutor Center coordinator marks the student's tutor record as Inactive. During the Summer 2013 semester, this former tutor comes in for an advising session.  Student can't log into AccuTrack because she was a former tutor and her record is Inactive. Why? Shouldn't happen. Next, we do the work around and change her id number to 9432123 and she can come into the Tutoring center for advising. What happens if a different student gets assigned 9432123 as an official university id number and wants to come in for tutoring? Now we have 2 students with the same id number. I can't have that.We use the students' official university id number for AccuTrack sign ins. We want to continue to do this.It makes reporting across the systems easier. We can't have AccuTrack id numbers determing our student system id numbers. I would like to see this situation addressed.

Third, I was asked if I was runnign the latest version of AccuTrack. I am running 12.0.2 which may or may not be the latest version. I can't find the latest version on your website anywhere. When I go into AccuTrack and click the Updates Info link, I get taken to the main AccuTrack website. It used to take you to the version number. (Nice looking website but I still can't find anything on it.) Can you tell me where the version info is hiding?

Thanks,

laura

#7326 Your record is on hold. Please see the System Admininstrator error.

Posted by laura on 12 March 2013 - 08:46 AM in Platinum Plus

HI Mon,

That's not the error message we have in the Other area. We've left the AccuTrack default and I can't find the error message that is getting shown anywhere.

Also, why is this happening? Shouldn't the fact that the tutor flag is inactive allow them to log in as a student? Changing ID numbers is tricky because we use students' real college id numbers and I don't want to inadvertantly change an id number to someone else's. Is there something else we can do to make it work properly?

Lastly, does changing the id numbers of the no longer active tutors affect reporting for prior semesters in any way? There's a big push on campus to compare semesters and I can't have inaccurate reporting because I had to monkey with the id numbers.

Thanks,

laura

#7323 Your record is on hold. Please see the System Admininstrator error.

Posted by laura on 07 March 2013 - 03:08 PM in Platinum Plus

Hi,

I cannot remember how to fix this. We have students that used to be student workers in our tutoring center but no longer work there. Now they want to come in for tutoring help but they are getting the above error. They are marked Inactive as Tutors and Active as Students. How do I fix this? And why does it happen?

Thanks,

laura