• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 pallan

pallan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

Our university is changing our smtp settings. We need to turn on smtp authentication for the outgoing server, change the outgoing smtp port to another setting other than port 25, and set the email client's smtp encryption to use TLS or SSL encryption (this depending upon the client). How do I do this so that we can send out scheduled appointments.

I tried to enter the port the university is using (587) and I get an error message stating that 530 5.7.0 No STARTTLS command has been given.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

Sorry for the delay in response.

I am not sure how these changes affects AccuTrack's ability to send messages via SMTP server. One way to find out is to try it and see if the messages can still go through. If not, there are a few things you can do:

1) It's fairly easy to set up your own SMTP server. You can find many help guides on this with a web search.
2) You can use a third party SMTP service. You probably can find some free ones out there, but I prefer a professional hosting account. For example, we use a professional company that allows unlimited email accounts and unlimited messaging for $36/year!
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users