• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeS

MikeS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

The Appointment Wizard in AccuSQL 12.02 displays categories that are both not active, and are only available in other labs as illustrated in the attached images.

Attached File  Inactive Category.JPG   126.78K   3 downloads

The WC-1. Enrolled Classes category is both inactive and assigned only to the WRITING lab.

Attached File  Writing Activity.JPG   111.26K   2 downloads

The WC-2. Computer Use category is only assigned to the WRITING lab.

Attached File  Tutor Lab.JPG   87.88K   2 downloads

We are currently in the TUTOR lab.

Attached File  Appointment Wizard.JPG   108.93K   1 downloads

The Appointment Wizard shows the WC-1 and WC-2 categories from the TUTOR center and will allow the TUTOR center to make appointments in these categories.

Thanks,
Mike

#2 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Mike,

That is not a bug but a feature. That form is used by admins and also by non-admins as well. When it is an admin, she/he sees all the categories. If you log as a student you wouldn't see all but the ones registered to that lab.

Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#3 MikeS

MikeS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hi Cetin,

After playing with it a bit, and hearing a similar response from David, I did confirm that.  However, I opened a new feature request at:

http://accu.uservoic...-categories-in-

Basically, we have been using the access groups to create roles for users who perform limited back-office functions.  In other words, many of our "Administrators" are really more like "Lab Staff".  For example, making sure tutors and students get paired up properly when it is busy, or entering data from paper sign-ins if the tutoring occurred outside the lab, etc.  I believe that the permissions on the access groups should be able to control whether or not a user can see other labs.  Most of them should NOT be able to, and those of us that do already have the ability to change the local lab id of the machine.

I hope that you will please consider this for the future.

Thanks,

Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AccuSQL, 12.02, AccuSQL12, Appointment Wizard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users