#1 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi,

First, it's a tad annoying that the topics get locked so quickly. I received an email at 7pm on Firday 3/15 that a reply was made to my question. I was out of the office Monday 3/18 and we had a snow day on Tuesday 3/19. I try to leave work at work over the weekends and on my days off so I didn't read the reply. Now I want to respond and have to start a new topic. Could you leave topics open for 14 calendar days? That would give time for weekends and vacations for a response from us, the end users. Thanks for considering this.

Second, while we are going to change the id numbers of the inactive tutors, I still don't have my question answered or feel that it is being addressed. Why does this happen? Are you going to be able to do something about it? My concern with changing the id numbers is someone may change an id number to a student id number that doesn't exist yet. And then what?

Let me be clearer. Student 0432123 is a tutor for the Fall 2012 semester. Student 0432123 decides not to tutor for the Spring 2013 semester. Tutor Center coordinator marks the student's tutor record as Inactive. During the Summer 2013 semester, this former tutor comes in for an advising session.  Student can't log into AccuTrack because she was a former tutor and her record is Inactive. Why? Shouldn't happen. Next, we do the work around and change her id number to 9432123 and she can come into the Tutoring center for advising. What happens if a different student gets assigned 9432123 as an official university id number and wants to come in for tutoring? Now we have 2 students with the same id number. I can't have that.We use the students' official university id number for AccuTrack sign ins. We want to continue to do this.It makes reporting across the systems easier. We can't have AccuTrack id numbers determing our student system id numbers. I would like to see this situation addressed.

Third, I was asked if I was runnign the latest version of AccuTrack. I am running 12.0.2 which may or may not be the latest version. I can't find the latest version on your website anywhere. When I go into AccuTrack and click the Updates Info link, I get taken to the main AccuTrack website. It used to take you to the version number. (Nice looking website but I still can't find anything on it.) Can you tell me where the version info is hiding?

Thanks,

laura

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Laura,

You can find the latest version info in the News section of this form: http://www.accutrack...?showtopic=1342

We will investigate your other requests.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users