2 replies to this topic

#1 Nim Jarc

Nim Jarc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:43 PM

8.08 When a new student signs in that first screen (where they put all their data)--This is a picky little thing, but that screen seems like it could be friendlier. All our students get use to using the tab, so when they enter their phone number they automatically tab, (but the program automatically tabs on this box only) Does anyone else find that confusing? Also, suddenly with version 8.08 the phone number seems to be automatically putting a 1 in the first digit of the area code. There is also a default of Orlando FL in 8.08 which is confusing for our students. I'm not sure if anything can be done, or if it's worth the effort, but my students have a tendency to want to click the mouse at the beginning of each box, but they constantly miss the beginning of the box by 1 digit (particularly on the phone number and birth date--for example, they frequently miss the first digit of the area code, then they finally get that entered and they hit tab or space after the area code, then they try to get back to the right spot to finish their phone number, but they keep missing it by one digit. I apologize if this is a ridiculous request, I've been registering students all day and watching the same problem over and over. I decided maybe we were all experiencing the same thing but we all felt it was too trivial to mention, so you didn't know.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:51 AM

Hi,

You should change the defaults in this screen to match your needs. For example, you can change the default area code, city, and state to yours. This is done via the Options screen - New User page. See the reference manual if you need more details.

Thanks for reporting the problem with a leading space in the fields if clicked upon with the mouse. We will work on a solution for this problem in a future version of the software.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:11 AM

Hi,

Just a follow up message to let you know that we have fixed the issue with students clicking on a contact field and missing the start of the field. Now when you click any where in a blank field the mouse pointer is automatically moved to the start of the field. Make sure to upgrade to the latest version (currently 8.1) to get this feature.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users