2 replies to this topic

#1 eflores

eflores

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hello,

We have been having problems when a particular user is opening up AccuTesting 2.0. This user has the same permissions as the rest and yet, is the only one getting errors.

Error #13
Alias 'RULECAPTIONS' is not found.

Then another error:

"Cannot update the cursor"

After that, I am able to log in as usual. When I go in to add a test I get errors:

Error #111
Cannot update the cursor.
Error #13
Alias 'TESTS' is not found.

Then on exit I get errors:

Error #111
Cannot update the cursor
Error #13
Alias 'LOGGER' is not found

I figured out from some of the AccuTrack questions that it may be a permissions issue, but I am the system administrator for this office and I am sure that there is no lack of permissions for the user in question. This user is a local admin, as well as a "full control" user in the shared network folder in which the program is stored into.

Thank you,

Eddie

#2 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:57 AM

Hmm, so it is only the one user login that is getting the error? Is that user in the "Root" group?

Maybe try a repair, if that does not work, you could zip up and send me the AccuTestingData folder and I could look at the database here.

You can email that to david@accutrack.org and I can try to figure out what's going on with it.

Thanks,
David
AccuTesting Support

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

#3 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

The error "Cannot update the cursor" indicates that this particular user does not have write-access to the database. If the software is unable to update its database files, many errors will be generated.

To fix this error, you need to make sure that the network log-in account on this particular computer has the same access rights as the one used on the working computers. Specifically, check the access rights to the shred AccuTesting database folder.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users