• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kevluck

kevluck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

I've installed the AccuSQL computer lab plugin before w/o a problem, but for some reason I get the error that's included on the attachment I've included.

I'm redoing PCs in a lab, & the current PCs in the lab connect to the main database as should just fine, but I can't say I've ever seen this error before.

This happens when I run the run the setdatapath w/ the same settings on the PCs the lab plugin works; this being do, I know the settings I'm using are correct, just doesn't work for whatever reason.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions

Kevin Luck

kluck868@cccc.edu

Attached Files

#2 kevluck

kevluck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

Well this was quite a simple error on me because I just forgot to install the SQL client.

#3 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

Yes, thanks Kevin. If anyone else see this error, then you need to go to the folder where AccuSQL is installed and open the sql_drivers folder.

In that folder there is an installer for a 32-bit PC (sqlncli.msi) or 64-bit PC (sqlncli_x64.msi). This is the SQL native client driver needed to connect to the SQL Server database. Install that using the default settings. Using this driver, you would select SQL Native Client for the SQL Server Client Driver and it will fix the issue.

The SQL Native Client driver can be used to connect to either a SQL Server 2005, 2008, or 2012 database. If you want to use the driver that specifically matches your SQL Server version, you can download an alternate driver. Find out more here: https://www.connecti...-native-client/

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users