4 replies to this topic

#1 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:49 AM

I printed out a report of our tutor utilization to compare two of my tutors.

Tutor 1 shows 32:50 hrs worked and 4:10 hrs met for a 12.68% utilization.

Tutor 2 shows 24 hrs worked and 2:01 hrs met for a 8.43% utilization.

(Yes, these are low, which is why I was checking. I may have to let one go.)

However, when I show the report of actual appointments I get a completely different picture.

Tutor 1 only has 2 appointments for a total of 1:45 hrs. of tutoring time.
Tutor 2 has 5 appointments for a total of 4:30 hrs. of tutoring time.

I doublechecked to make sure that the students actually signed in for the appointments, thinking that the report was only showing appointments made, and not appointments that were actually completed. All students were signed in.

I doublechecked to make sure that I was using the same time period for both reports. I was.

Can you help me figure out this discrepancy? What am I not understanding about utilization compared to appointments?

#2 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

"Tutor Utilization" report shows a tutor's utilized time (time spent meeting a student). Meeting time is calculated from student sign in records whether they're appointment sign ins or not. If 1 or more students meet the tutor within overlapping times then the time tutor met a student is calculated as union (ie: Student A from 10:00 to 10:15 and Student B from 10:10 to 10:20 it is calculated as 20 minutes of utilization).

If a tutor is at the center for 8 hrs and has a single group appointment from 10 to 11 + meets a student at 3 PM for half an hour his utilized time for the day is (1 hr+0.5hr)/8hrs approximately 18.75%.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#3 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

"Tutor Utilization" report shows a tutor's utilized time (time spent meeting a student). Meeting time is calculated from student sign in records whether they're appointment sign ins or not. If 1 or more students meet the tutor within overlapping times then the time tutor met a student is calculated as union (ie: Student A from 10:00 to 10:15 and Student B from 10:10 to 10:20 it is calculated as 20 minutes of utilization).

If a tutor is at the center for 8 hrs and has a single group appointment from 10 to 11 + meets a student at 3 PM for half an hour his utilized time for the day is (1 hr+0.5hr)/8hrs approximately 18.75%.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, that's good to know. I did discover one discrepancy I overlooked, so now my question is, is the Appointments History report a report of all appointments made regardless of whether or not the student showed up? That's the only way I can explain why the utilization and appointment reports don't match (there were no groups or overlaps). The report that shows walkins vs. appointments matches with the utilization record, it's just the appointment history that doesn't.

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

Yes the appointment history shows all scheduled appointments for the selected period. If the student did not show up, you will see a red circle at the right side of the appointment record.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#5 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

Yes the appointment history shows all scheduled appointments for the selected period.  If the student did not show up, you will see a red circle at the right side of the appointment record.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh. That explains it. My reports don't generate properly with the margins and the right edge is always cut off. I've mentioned this before, and it doesn't matter what printer I use, the same thing happens. I have to customize each report to move everything over so that it prints correctly, but I didn't do that for this.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users