5 replies to this topic

#1 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

Ever since the update, when we add a new Windows profile on a computer that runs Accutrack fine under the profiles already established, once we give the new user all of the permissions on both the computer holding the database and the computer they are using, and we map the drive that holds the database, when we attempt to open Accutrack we get this message:

First it says the resource file is not valid and do we want to overwrite. Whether we choose yes or no, the next message is-File access is denied c:\programfiles\accu9\error.dbf

What do we need to do? This is happening on every single new profile we establish.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:12 PM

From the error message, the Windows account you are using does not have write access to the AccuTrack installation folder (c:\Program files\Accu9). This access is needed for the software to work.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:05 PM

From the error message, the Windows account you are using does not have write access to the AccuTrack installation folder (c:\Program files\Accu9).  This access is needed for the software to work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, a computer tech came and took care of that, but now we get other error messages, depending upon which computer we are on, but they all revolve around error#111-cannot update the cursor. Each computer shows a different item such as SYSLOG, DBPARAM, _26N0SZHFW, etc. and all end saying "since it is read-only." Where do we go from here?

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

It's all the same problem. The 'cursor' refers to your database files. "Cannot update cursor" means the software is not able to write to its database files. This is usually caused by limitations imposed on the Windows account you are using with the software. See the Usage Tips section of this online forum for instructions on setting up the appropriate Windows account access rights.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:40 AM

Okay, I followed the instructions and opened every window there was a picture of and added everyone who needs to use the computer and gave them all the permissions, and lo and behold, it seems to be working! I haven't tested it with all users, yet, but the two I did, it worked.

Here is my issue. In past incarnations of Accutrack, we didn't have to do any of this. We installed the program, we made sure the users were recognized on the computer that held the data and all satellite computers were mapped to that drive. Everything worked. But now, we update to the latest version and suddenly old profiles on the satellite computers work, but new ones don't, even though we went through the exact same steps that we used to set up the old profiles. We now have to go through this long process of adding every user and giving them permissions, when they've already been added to the user group "administrator" that already has all the permissions for everything that one does on the computer. Yet we have to specifically designate this for each user on the Accutrack folders.

Why?

I'm dreading when we get in new computers, which we will soon, and have to go through this whole thing all over again when we do a new installation.

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:42 AM

Actually this is not new. If you check the tip I pointed to you with Windows access rights settings, you'd notice it was posted on November 1st, 2004. All AccuTrack versions need to be able to write to their database tables in order to update the data.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users