9 replies to this topic

#1 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:41 AM

In the advanced scheduler one can designate times as walk-in only, but it can only be seen in Appointment Central. When we make appointments using the other appointment screen possibilities, walk-in times are showing as open and we're able to schedule appointments. Even in Appointment Central we can schedule appointments during walk-in times, but at least the color coding warns you. Many of my people don't like to use Appointment Central for appointment scheduling because reading it is so difficult with those little tiny blocks, so it looks like I'll have to go back to just showing the tutor as unavailable during walk-in times, which is sad, because I liked the capability to differentiate.

Is this the way it was designed or are we dealing with a glitch?

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

Unfortunately it was designed like that.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

Unfortunately it was designed like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, then may I suggest some modifications? ;-)

Seriously, the walk-in time blocks should appear in the other appointment scheduling screens, too, otherwise people will schedule appointments when they shouldn't. Also, when the blocks are designated as walk-in, we should be blocked from making appointments. One problem that I see is that red is being used both as a walk-in color and as an exclusive appointment color, but since we use the exclusive and group option, this conflicts, and we can still schedule appointments when it's red because we're allowed to schedule up to three people. But during walk-in, we're not supposed to schedule anyone. Maybe using a different color for walk-ins would take care of the problem?

I have another problem now related to this same topic. When I schedule a tutor as off, for a doctor's appointment for example, in Appointment Central EVERYONE gets scheduled as off. We get a beautiful yellow column for that time period, as though I'd scheduled a staff meeting in the Center options off-time area. You cannot schedule appointments during those times, though you can add availability. When you roll over the tutor that was scheduled as off, a message shows up at the bottom to show that he is the tutor who is off and why.

#4 anissaharris

anissaharris

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

In the advanced scheduler one can designate times as walk-in only, but it can only be seen in Appointment Central. When we make appointments using the other appointment screen possibilities, walk-in times are showing as open and we're able to schedule appointments. Even in Appointment Central we can schedule appointments during walk-in times, but at least the color coding warns you. Many of my people don't like to use Appointment Central for appointment scheduling because reading it is so difficult with those little tiny blocks, so it looks like I'll have to go back to just showing the tutor as unavailable during walk-in times, which is sad, because I liked the capability to differentiate.

Is this the way it was designed or are we dealing with a glitch?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just wanted to chime in that I also like the Appointment Central option as it has great potential. However, the tiny squares and color coding system are indecipherable! I spent 20 minutes trying to decipher the color coding system before I finally gave up--it is too complicated! Also, the colors are opposed to the colors used in the regular SET APPOINTMENT option. In the latter, gray fields are OFF-TIMES, green is available time, and RED is scheduled time. These colors do not coincide and are very confusing.

JMO.
Anissa Harris
Harding University
Searcy, AR

#5 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:38 PM

Yes I found them confusing too, but thought perhaps daily users could understand them better.

The Appointment Central was added to give extra flexibility in scheduling. It offers more options and more powerful interface (e.g. click on schedule to add off-time, move appointment, etc.) However, this flexibility came at the cost of complexity.

Of coure little things like more consistent coloring scheme would help here. We'll think about this for version 10.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#6 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:11 PM

Yes I found them confusing too, but thought perhaps daily users could understand them better.

The Appointment Central was added to give extra flexibility in scheduling.  It offers more options and more powerful interface (e.g. click on schedule to add off-time, move appointment, etc.)  However, this flexibility came at the cost of complexity.

Of coure little things like more consistent coloring scheme would help here.  We'll think about this for version 10.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, but what about the off time glitch? Is anyone else having the same issue where scheduling one tutor off ends up scheduling the entire staff as off?

I love Appointment Central. The concept is great, and once the color coding has been perfected, I don't see why the other appointment screens would even be necessary because it's works so well as a one screen shows all/does all option. My only issue with it has been the tiny little rectangles that can be difficult to read, especially for those older ones among us whose eyesight just isn't what it used to be.

#7 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:06 PM

That sounds like a bug. We'd check it.

Regarding the tiny rectangles, what do you suggest we do there? Should we keep the same legend displayed when you click on "Legend Info" on that screen, or is there a better way? The size of the rectangles could be enlarged, but you'd need to scroll a lot more. Is that better than have small squares and less scrolling?
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#8 DMTC_Supervisor

DMTC_Supervisor

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

That sounds like a bug.  We'd check it.

Regarding the tiny rectangles, what do you suggest we do there?  Should we keep the same legend displayed when you click on "Legend Info" on that screen, or is there a better way?  The size of the rectangles could be enlarged, but you'd need to scroll a lot more.  Is that better than have small squares and less scrolling?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's a difficult one. I assume that users wanted to be able to use it in 5 minute increments? If not, that might be one way to change it. Use either ten or fifteen minute blocks instead. If that's not possible, I could live with some extra scrolling if it meant the blocks were a little bigger, but it would be up to the community at large. As I said, I really do like the whole Appointment Central concept.

#9 anissaharris

anissaharris

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:27 AM

That sounds like a bug.  We'd check it.

Regarding the tiny rectangles, what do you suggest we do there?  Should we keep the same legend displayed when you click on "Legend Info" on that screen, or is there a better way?  The size of the rectangles could be enlarged, but you'd need to scroll a lot more.  Is that better than have small squares and less scrolling?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's a difficult one. I assume that users wanted to be able to use it in 5 minute increments? If not, that might be one way to change it. Use either ten or fifteen minute blocks instead. If that's not possible, I could live with some extra scrolling if it meant the blocks were a little bigger, but it would be up to the community at large. As I said, I really do like the whole Appointment Central concept.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I vote for larger blocks and more scrolling if I have to choose.
Anissa Harris
Harding University
Searcy, AR

#10 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

We are listening. I'll try my best and see what we can do about it.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users