3 replies to this topic

#1 Kaye Foster

Kaye Foster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

Hi,
Happy New Year! We are setting up an Accutrack survey for the first time and have a question. Can we restrict the survey so that each user (ID number) takes the survey only 1 time. We have some students who have several lab hours in a row and even though we will post the survey for only a couple days, they might get the survey more than once. How can we restrict the survey so that each user can only take it 1 time? Thank you!
Kaye

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

I am not sure whether this would work, but you can test and let me know: Setup the survey to appear at first visit, and then repeat at a very high number of visits that would probably not occur this semester (e.g. 99). If this does not work, let me know and I'll add this feature to our wish list.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 Kaye Foster

Kaye Foster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

Mon,
Thanks for the information. We will just have the survey active for 3 days to get around the issue of duplicate responses from the same student.
However, now we have another question. We can't seem to get the survey activated. It is all ready to go. We created it using the Survey Manager. We published it. Because we thought we would do a "test" run first, we put the active dates as only today. We also went under the option menu and then "Activity Feedback" and selected 2 choices under "survey frequency" - "collect student feedback after 1 visit " and "also collect feedback during this time period (we entered today's dates)". We selected 1 class (activity) to test it in and saved everything. We then logged in using a student ID number from that activity and logged out but the survey did not appear. Do you have any idea what we might be doing wrong? We restared the computer we used for the "test" in case that was necessary. We restarted Accutrack on the staff computer the survey was written on in case that was necessary. Hmm.
Thanks for your help with this!
Kaye

#4 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

Hi Kaye,

I just tested this using AccuTrack 9.1.5. If you have something earlier (look in the titlebar of the application), then you will need to go to Help Center --> Updates --> Download Updates to get to the latest version of 9.

I created a new survey called "my test survey" with one question and two answers.
Saved and Exited.
Went to Publish survey and pressed Add
Clicked the three dot ... button and picked the survey i just created. Pressed Select and return.
Made the survey valid from today to tomorrow and checked "Present to Students" checkbox.
Signed in as a student, then when I signed out and I got the survey.

Thanks,
David
AccuTrack Support

Mon,
Thanks for the information. We will just have the survey active for 3 days to get around the issue of duplicate responses from the same student.
However, now we have another question. We can't seem to get the survey activated. It is all ready to go. We created it using the Survey Manager. We published it. Because we thought we would do a "test" run first, we put the active dates as only today. We also went under the option menu and then "Activity Feedback" and selected 2 choices under "survey frequency" - "collect student feedback after 1 visit " and "also collect feedback during this time period (we entered today's dates)". We selected 1 class (activity) to test it in and saved everything. We then logged in using a student ID number from that activity and logged out but the survey did not appear. Do you have any idea what we might be doing wrong? We restared the computer we used for the "test" in case that was necessary. We restarted Accutrack on the staff computer the survey was written on in case that was necessary. Hmm.
Thanks for your help with this!
Kaye

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users