1 reply to this topic

#1 YubaCollegeWLDC

YubaCollegeWLDC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

I'm trying to cobble together info to tell me how much time students spent working with a tutor. (Our center does quite a lot of drop-in business, which may or may not involve a tutor.) I export Appointments History report to Excel, but I'm mystified by some column headings. For instance, I'm pretty sure "Appt Off" refers to a cancellation, as it reports True/False exactly in converse to "Showed Up." But what is "Rec_id," which generates a number even if this appointment is a no-show in the Showed Up column? And what is Realtime, which is a column empty of any content at all?

Is there a better to extract my info: Student, student ID, tutor, total appointment time with the tutor? I don't mind running a couple of reports and then going through to correlate them manually if necessary.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hi,

when you export the data of the report, all data used by the report is exported. The data will be in its raw form. Any data calculations, sorting, or gouping done by the report itself is not visible in the data export. However, you can do your own data manipulation to create the data format you need. Also you might see records there that are now seen in the report but used behind the scenes.

Here is an exaplanation of the data fields you mentioned:

"Appt Off": This field will have .T. if the appointment was cancelled.
"Showed Up": .T. means student came in for the appointment.
"Rec_id": This is the internal ID of the appointment record. About all records in all the tables have a unique ID (called Primary Key or PK in programming jargon). The ID is used a pointer to the record and is an integral part of relational databases.
"Realtime": This can hold a code to indicate the source of appointment data.

You might want to look at the reports in the TUTOR nodes as you might find the one you are trying to create there.

Also in AccuTrack version 11 you can do your own queries in the database and either export the data out or build your own AccuTrack report!
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users