6 replies to this topic

#1 billkershner

billkershner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:29 AM

Unable to load servers

Server1: Accuweb.AccuwebServer: CoCreateInstance failed with err code 80070005: Access is denied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have checked both the application and wc temp directory permissions and it looks ok. What typically causes this error? Thanks

- Bill

#2 billkershner

billkershner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

Update --

checked in dcomcnfg for proper setting there. Problem...no Accuweb.Accuserver object appears there. Re-ran Setup Utility Step 2 (and 3), which appeared to run successfully, however, still no DCOM object for Accuweb.

Bill

#3 billkershner

billkershner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

another update - got the sample data to work, however, not able to connect to actual database. New error:

An error occurred during COM object invokation.
Invoke failed with err code 800706be: The remote procedure call failed.

Question: does the SetPath utility mind that I put in a full UNC path? It doesn't complain, but just want to rule that out as a possible cause for the COM object failing to init.

Thanks,
Bill

#4 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:02 AM

You can (and should) use a UNC path when data is remote. However when data is remote do not forget that there should be trust to the account trying to access the data. Impersonated user (interactive or a spesific user) should be trusted on remote data server. 800706be error code suggests it's not accessing the data.
If you can't solve it then email to cetin@accutrack.org and I'd give you directions for an online session where I can help you on site to set it up.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#5 billkershner

billkershner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:29 PM

Hi Cetin - I think we're nearing the end on this problem, so I will hold on the remote session for a more urgent request. Thanks!

So here's what I've got...

1. If I put a copy of the AccuData local, and point setpath to it, all works well with WebLink. This could be my workaround, but I'd prefer to not keep the AccuData and weblink on the same server.
2. If I point setpath to the remote server using a UNC path, I get the following error: An error occurred during COM object invokation.
Invoke failed with err code 800706be: The remote procedure call failed.
3. I validated that permissions are ok. I have even logged in as the instance userID and ran a 'net use x: \\server\sharename' test and the access is there. Modify access granted.

Questions:
a.) the sharename is a hidden share (i.e. has the trailing $ on it.) could this be the trouble?
b.) any other thoughts on why the connection is failing? other things to check?

Thanks!

Bill

#6 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:57 AM

Hi,
I'm investigating it and couldn't yet find why it happens in the first place. The problem is that, I have seen that happen on another site, but setting up a small network here I couldn't reproduce it. When you can't reproduce it's harder to find the reason why it happens at some places. Searching MS documentation for hours didn't help either other than seeing there was a problem with MOM 2005 for servers upgrading from w2003 to w2003 SP1 and they released a fix for it (but that fix is rather old to explain, by now all sites should have the fix applied).

A solution exists but it's not smart.
-Instead of using automation mode you can use 'file based' mode (to do that temporarily enable asp and run admin.asp to make the setting, you may need to remove security editing the wc.ini file - change "AdminAccount=UserName" to "AdminAccount=").
-Then make sure Accuweb.exe is launched (you may put in startup folder).

In that mode I observed it worked on site where I have seen that error before.

If I can find another solution I'll let you know.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#7 billkershner

billkershner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:16 AM

Thanks Cetin. I'll keep looking too. One reason that this might not be reproducible on your end is that the remote share is running on a clustered system. I am digging deeper in to see whether there is something to do with clustering the share that is the root cause. Meantime, I think I may workaround by moving the data onto the local web server.

- Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users