7 replies to this topic

#1 jhogan1

jhogan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:53 PM

I have had at least seven students complain to me that they are unable to schedule appointments using accuweb. They are able to login -- but, as soon as they click on any of the links from the main login page it kicks them out and forces them to login again.

I just spent about an hour on the phone with a young lady comparing everything about her browser to my browser and I couldn't find a single difference.

She's using Iexplorer 7 and I am using 7 on vista (she had XP I believe).

Are there any known issues between 7 and Accuweb? Can you give me some other pointers on what to look out for?

This is frustrating because I can't duplicate the problem -- but, with her on the phone with me I know she was going through the login procedure correctly.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Hogan
Instructional Technologist

Nursing and Allied Health

Valencia College

Orlando, Florida 32811

2012 Aspen Prize Winner

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:58 AM

Did you try logging in with their ID and PW? Perhaps it is something with their record (e.g. 'student can only schedule appointment for registered classes' is turned on, and these students are not registered in any classes.)
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 jhogan1

jhogan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:28 AM

Did you try logging in with their ID and PW?  Perhaps it is something with their record (e.g. 'student can only schedule appointment for registered classes' is turned on, and these students are not registered in any classes.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes,

I'm sorry I should have mentioned that in my question. I was able to login as her just fine on my machine and set appontments, cancel them and everything.

Today I am looking at various machines on campus and one of the machines in our lab does the same exact thing. As soon as I click on any link after logging in it immediately logs me out.

I"ve compared everything int he advance tab and nothing is different.

Jeff Hogan

Valencia College

Orlando, Florida 32811

2012 Aspen Prize Winner

#4 jhogan1

jhogan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

I have had at least seven students complain to me that they are unable to schedule appointments using accuweb.  They are able to login -- but, as soon as they click on any of the links from the main login page it kicks them out and forces them to login again.

I just spent about an hour on the phone with a young lady comparing everything about her browser to my browser and I couldn't find a single difference.

She's using Iexplorer 7 and I am using 7 on vista (she had XP I believe).

Are there any known issues between 7 and Accuweb?  Can you give me some other pointers on what to look out for?

This is frustrating because I can't duplicate the problem -- but, with her on the phone with me I know she was going through the login procedure correctly.

Thanks,

Jeff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I forgot to mention -- the machine I am failing on today is not IEXPLORER 7 ;but, 7 SP2

Jeff Hogan

Valencia College

Orlando, Florida 32811

2012 Aspen Prize Winner

#5 jhogan1

jhogan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:57 AM

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the browser not knowing how to handle the ".ap" extension.

I've googled this extension and can find very little about it. So it seems logical to me that the machine isn't able to recognize how to handle the extension.

Is that a possiblity?

What else can I look for? This is very frustrating. Up until this point I"ve been unable to duplicate the problem. But, this morning I am unable to get past the problem.

Jeff Hogan

Valencia College

Orlando, Florida 32811

2012 Aspen Prize Winner

#6 jhogan1

jhogan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:01 AM

I"m really thinking it is a conflict with the .ap extension. When I login I am able to click on policies, help and links But, as soon as I click schedule or view schule (the two links ending in .ap) it reverts me back to the login screen.

Jeff Hogan

Valencia College

Orlando, Florida 32811

2012 Aspen Prize Winner

#7 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:15 AM

.ap is a special extension used internally. Request from pages are redirected to application procedures when it has .ap extension and results are directly sent to response buffer.
Once a user logs in, a context session holds users identity to navigate between pages. If at a given time a page cannot find a session variable with user's id then redirected to login page. This is similar to ASP.Net's forms authentication system.
On machines where it happens I'd look for malicious code, including viruses. Also there are some programs which explicitly look for the files' existence on disk. If you have such a program and must use it then as a workaround you could create dummy files on disk with .ap extensions.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#8 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:00 AM

BTW a recent windows update BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) may have been the cause. I don't know how exactly but on 5-6 computers out of nearly 100 computers we began to have various problems and in all the solution was to remove the BITS update. Just a thought.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users