• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 PatrickCovalt

PatrickCovalt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:47 AM

First I want to say thank you to Cetin and Mon for the assistance on the other Topics I have asked about.

Now some background to me question.
We installed AccuTrack WebLink on a server with several other applications. After getting AccuTrack WebLink working on the server, another web based database application stopped working.
The application that stopped working is Astra Schedule's Web Interface. Astra uses JSPs running through Apache Tomcat and I know your application runs on IIS and uses .NET, ASP, and DCOM technologies. I also know I have both applications running on port numbers that should not conflict. I worked on trying to get Astra to work all day yesterday and will be working with on of their support persons in an hour again today. The only thing I can think of right now is that the port numbers used by both applications to access their data are conflicting in some matter and your application is winning out.

So my Question is do you know if your application uses certain port numbers behind the scenes that could be conflicting with the other application?

Trying to fix this problem has been why I have been slow at times to respond to your responses.

Please disregard the question we have eventually got the program working again.

#2 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:26 AM

Hi Patrick,
I saw you already solved this issue (and I just saw this post), for others benefit as an explanation:
Weblink doesn't use any port other than default HTTP port 80. Behind the scenes it only make calls to local dlls and writes responses directly back to the response buffer.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users