• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Penny

Penny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

We have the Computer Lab Plug-in, version 10.0.1. The program has prompted us to get the newest update but using the "download updates" on the system administration screen in the Computer Lab Plug-in program, no updates are needed. Are we needing an update? Thanks,
Penny

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

The latest version of PluginAdv.exe: Version 10.0.2. The update might have already been downloaded. Do a search for this file "PluginAdv.exe" in your UPDATES folder. If you find it there and it is version 10.0.2 (you can tell by right clicking on it and clicking properties), then the update was downloaded but not installed on the local computer. To install it, copy the files in the UPDATES folder (PluginAdv.exe) to the local installation folder.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 Penny

Penny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

The version in the UPDATES folder for the Computer Lab Plug-in is 10.0.1. How can I update to 10.0.2? The update button in the program in the administration screen is not recognizing that there is an update needed.

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Perhaps access to the Internet is blocked? This could happen from firewall or antivirus software.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 Penny

Penny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

I was concerned that the updates could not happen from the computer lab due to the deep freeze program that is installed on those computers. So, I installed the program on my computer and the results are the same. I received updates to AccuTrack through my system so I should also be able to receive updates to the Computer Lab Plug-in as well. I just tried again and no luck. The program is stil 10.0.1. How can I get the newest updates?

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Deep Freeze could be problematic as it will restore old versions of files upon boot up.

If you have an active Platinum plan, I recommend that you contact our support department directly to arrange for an online assistance session to help you resolve this issue.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#7 Penny

Penny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

There is not deep freeze on my computer and I still am not able to access the update for the Computer Lab Plug-in. I know that the updates can happen on my computer as I get updates for AccuTrack 10. I just noticed that the pop-up that notifies me that there is an update for the Computer Lab Plug-in indicates that we need to update to 9.0.4. Why is it trying to update to a version of 9 when we have 10. Could that be an issue?

#8 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

After further investigation, we found why you were unable to get it. Please try again, it should work now.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#9 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

The update was offline, now I have reenabled it. 9.0.4 was just a text typo and have corrected it too. Please inform back if it doesn't work.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#10 Penny

Penny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

With the new update, the program will not open. The pop-up says "Cannot access files. File does not exist." I tried to open the back up file which resulted in the same message. I did get to one message that indicated that the "libs folder" needs to be put in the application folder?? None of the computers can run the computer lab plug-in right now.

#11 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Sorry Penny, I just saw your post. The developers are already gone home, but I'll leave a note for them to investigate. Could you tell me the exact error message you see when you launch the software?
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#12 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

There were an installation where IT staff unintentionally has revoked the access rights to Accu data folder. Is it the same Penny? If not we can check online what is going on. Email to support to set that up.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#13 Penny

Penny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

When we launch the program we get:
"AccuTrack Error:
Cannot access files.
File does not exist."

Do I need to e-mail someone? My e-mail is prweiss@nic.edu. Let me know what I should try next.

#14 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

Sorry for the delay again, but I only check the support forums when I have some free time, so it could be a few days before I see a response. If you have an active support plan, I recommend calling or emailing our support department for the fastest possible response.

The error message indicates a missing file. The error message does not tell us which file is missing, so we need to check your system via an online assistance session to troubeshoot. Please call our support department to schedule this session.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users