dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Hi all AccuSQL users.

The update version 10.5.6 of AccuSQL is now available. If you are using AccuSQL version 10.5.4 or earlier, the updates will work as expected. A fix list will be posted shortly and I plan to email you as well. This version has a critical fix to some code that causes the surveyreponders table to grow exponentially under certain conditions and may eventually cause timeout errors in AccuSQL.

If you are currently using AccuSQL 10.5.5, you will need to do a few steps to get to the 10.5.6 version. This is because the auto update feature was temporarily disabled in the 10.5.5 version.

If you are a 10.5.5 AccuSQL user and you want to update to 10.5.6, please perform the following steps:

1) Open AccuSQL 10.5.5
2) Go to Help Center --> Updates --> Download Updates to download the new version.
3) After the download completes, exit AccuSQL.
4) Open your C:\Program Files\Accu10SQL folder and look for a file called _backup_acutracksql.exe.
5) Now double click on the checkversion.exe file. It will tell you what version of the _backup_acutracksql.exe you have. If it is 10.5.4.0 or earlier, then proceed to next step. If not, see the Manual File Copy section below.
6) Delete the acutrackSQL.exe file. Now rename the _backup_acutracksql.exe to acutrackSQL.exe.
7) Open the now renamed acutrackSQL.exe file and it should update and launch the new 10.5.6 version.

Manual File Copy
If you do not have an older _backup_acutracksql.exe file in your C:\Program Files\Accu10SQL folder and your current AccuSQL.exe version is 10.5.5, you will need to manually copy the new accutracksql.exe file into the C:\Program Files\Accu10SQL folder.
1) Complete steps 1 through 3 above.
2) Go to the C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\accutrack folder. Under this folder, you will have several folders that are system generated (something like i342895759). Expand those folders until you find an Updates folder with an ACUTRACKSQL.EXE file in it. This should be the 10.5.6 executable. You can right click on the file, then select Properties, and the Version tab to verify that it is version 10.5.6.0. If it is not, you need to go back to step 1 above.
3) If you have found the 10.5.6.0 version, Right click on the ACUTRACKSQL.EXE file and select copy.
4) Now go to the C:\Program Files\Accu10SQL folder and right click and select Paste. You should replace the existing file with the new one.
5) Launch AccuSQL and verify that the title bar of the application says 10.5.6. If not, you can email david@accutrack.org to see what went wrong.

Thanks,
David
AccuTrack Support

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

#2 Lealvarez1

Lealvarez1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

David,

Help Center>Updates>Download Updates gives a response: Sorry but I did not find updates at this time. Try back later.

May I download this update manually? I am on V10.5.5 with sporadic Late Media reminders going out in email. I will look around on this forum a bit more to see if the update is loaded here as well.

Thank you!
Laura Alvarez
Edison State College

Laura Alvarez
Software Consultant
Engineerica Systems, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users