mica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

Dear Accudemia,

Happy New Year!

At our Writing Studio, we have two pc’s that are designated as “sign-in stations” for both students and tutors. We have been experiencing some problems with the sign-in station interface; our tutors report that the student sign-in screen switches to the administrative sign-in screen at times throughout the day. Students are then unable to sign in (we don’t use student passwords) until the administrator (me) re-adds the computer as a sign-in station which brings back the student/staff sign-in. The tutors think this happens when a student closes out the Accudemia window to surf the internet or use word. I tried closing out the student sign-in screen to replicate the problem, but I was able to click on the Accudemia desktop icon and see the student log-in page as normal.  If we re-start the computer and click on the Accudemia icon the administrator log-in screen returns and I have to enter my admin log-in and password and re-ad the computer as a sign-in station.

Can you please help me figure out why the student log-in screen goes away and is replaced with the administrator log-in screen?  Did I configure something incorrectly? Is there a way to keep these computers set up as sign-in stations so that I do not have to keep re-adding them as sign-in stations several times a day?

Many thanks for your assistance.  

Best,

Mary

#2 Diego Jancic

Diego Jancic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

Hi Mary,

That's is strange.  However it might happen if the computer has a program or toolbar installed that removes the browser cookies.  For example DeepFreeze can cause those problems.  The sign-in station is stored the same way a webmail stores your account information (that's using browser cookies), so if you get logged of from Gmail (for example) when you close the browser or navigate to another page, the same is happening here.

You might want to ask for support to the IT team there to check the browser configurations.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Diego

Diego Jancic
Engineerica Systems, Inc.
http://www.engineerica.com

#3 mica

mica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Hi Diego,

I had a feeling it could be the cookies...! I will reach out to our IT folks. Thanks so much for your continued support.

Have a great weekend!

Best,

Mary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users