• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 vkozlek

vkozlek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

They installed a 4.2 evaluation copy while they waited for 4.6 registered to arrive on campus. After 4.2 expired, they had me install 4.6. They would still like the data collected while 4.2 was in production. The database files do not seem to transfer over. They said even a printout of data would be good, so I don't think we necessarily have to get the data imported into the current production database, but I'm sure it would be nice for them to.
The eval copy was AccuTrack Eval Plus Ed 4.2 and it installed to c:\Atrack41 and had a subfolder named Data.
The purchased copy was labeled AccuTrack Plus Ed 4.6 (customized for our site) and it installed to c:\program files\AccuPlus and has a subfolder named PlusData

They purchased on 6/16/06

Can you offer any tips or help?

Thanks!

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:27 AM

Hi,

Could you compare the files in the Data folder and the AccuPlus folder? If they are the same files, then it can be done, but if there are more files in the AccuPlus folder, then we would need to do this some other way. Let me know what you find out.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 vkozlek

vkozlek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:33 PM

Hi,

Could you compare the files in the Data folder and the AccuPlus folder?  If they are the same files, then it can be done, but if there are more files in the AccuPlus folder, then we would need to do this some other way.  Let me know what you find out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The following files are in C:\Atrack41 and aren't in C:\Program Files\AccuPlus:
Error.dbf, Error.fpt, Foxuser.dbf, Foxuser.fpt

Other than that, both directories have dbparam.dbf and dbparam.fpt.

The following file is in C:\Atrack41\Data and isn't in C:\Program Files\AccuPlus\PlusData:
config.tbk

The following files are in C:\Program Files\AccuPlus\PlusData and aren't in C:\Atrack41\data:
Canada.dbf, demog.cdx, demog.dbf, sign_ins.dbf, sign_ins.fpt, states.dbf

Other than that, there are 31 other common filenames in both data directories.

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:02 PM

Is it possible that you start over with the purchased version? We can reactivate 4.1 for you, but you'd be missing all the enhancements added between 4.1 and 4.6.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 vkozlek

vkozlek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:54 AM

Is it possible that you start over with the purchased version?  We can reactivate 4.1 for you, but you'd be missing all the enhancements added between 4.1 and 4.6.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The purchased version is working fine and has all the data from since we installed it. I'd rather not lose that and start over. I think all they need is a report printout from the old data directory. Can I reinstall the trial version on another test PC and copy the data and get in to print a report? I just need another copy of the trial. I asked them for a copy of the disk (or setup file) they originally installed the trial from, but they haven't been able to provide anything up to this point.. Or if you don't want to give me the trial, can I send you the data and you can print the reports to PDF for us? They wanted some sort of record of data to provide to the state government.

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:15 AM

The trial software will expire automatically when it detects non-demo data on its first run. However, we can provide you with a non demo copy of version 4.2. Just email us directly and we'll send it to you.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users