• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 npmathias

npmathias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

I could not find an answer to my problem of the 8.0 forum. We are running 8.3 on 4 terminals along with my PC. All PC's are Window XP. In the last couple of days, I noticed that when one of our PC's, which was ungraded to Windows 7, runs Accutrac, the rest of the terminals become extremely slow and unresponsive?

Is this a known issue? Can Accutrac 8.3 run in a network with Windows XP and Windows 7 machines running Accutrac?

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately we don't have any information on this since very few people are still using version 8.

What we know is that when version 8 was first released in May of 2004 (more than 7 years ago), it was compiled using an older version of Microsoft FoxPro. A few years ago Microsoft dropped support for that version and does not guarantee that software compiled with this older version would work with newer operating systems like Vista or Windows 7. Because of this, we dropped support for AccuTrack version 8 in January of 2008.

Microsoft recommends using software compiled with the latest version of Microsoft FoxPro and guarantees that this software will work with its latest operating systems. We also recommend using the latest version of AccuTrack/AccuSQL. At the time of this writing, this would be version 11.

For an upgrade quote, please contact our sales department directly.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Recently we learned about an issue with Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows 7 that causes a problem with symptoms similar to what you described. The problem is that Windows 7 would lock a file for use and leave it locked even when it is done with it! This prevents other computers on the network from accessing the file. This is a general problem that occurs with all applications and not limited to AccuTrack. However, you will notice it faster in a database application like AccuTrack because it is constantly locking and unlocking records and files to perform operations.

The solution from the Novell forum is to basically revert to an older Novell Client (from Novell Client 2 for Windows SP1 back to Novell Client 2 for Windows Vista-2008). Here is a suggested solution for another app as posted by a user on the Novell forum:

I had the same problem with CaseWare and Taxprep applications on a Netware 6.5 SP6 server. The Win7Pro workstation was locking all other users out. My solution was:

1. Uninstall Novell Client

2. Uninstall NMAS

3. Uninstall NICI

4. Re-boot

5. Delete everything in C:\Novell

6. Unzip "Novell Client 2 for Windows Vista-2008", not Client 2 SP1, and run setup. Do custom install and de-select NMAS.

7. Reboot system, log in and you should be good to go.

All I can say is that this worked for me on 4 windows 7 pro workstations.

Good Luck.

There is also an older issue related to Novell that has to do with a bug in Novell caching. There is an article on Novell site about this here:

http://www.novell.co...ernalId=3532535

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users